Sign in to follow this  
Carob

Eyepoint Adjustment

Hello. I was hoping someone would answer a quick question for me.I have a couple of panels that I would like to adjust the default eyepoint on except I can't remember how. I think the two that I have are set a bit to low and I would like to raise them up a bit.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks!

aircraft.cfg file, change the [eyepoint] x,y,z values

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Is it this one?[Views]eyepoint=0.15, -0.9, 2.2If so which number do I change and by how much?

Guest ivormills

Hi,The easiest option is to add this gauge to your panel.File Description:FS2004 Power Seat. This small gauge will change your viewpoint by moving the seat up and down using the mouse. There are seven positions in each direction with an instant reset to the default position. The gauge is available in two colors, grey and tan.File is 'pwrseat1.zip' available here at AVSIM under fs2004 gauges.Good luck

Why would anyone need a specific gauge to do this? Instead of pushing a button in one of many places somebody would rather move the mouse around and click something to get the same result? It doesn't make sense to me but whatever.

>Is it this one?>>[Views]>eyepoint=0.15, -0.9, 2.2>>If so which number do I change and by how much?Yes. Since you evidently don't have (or haven't read) the SDK, here's what those values are:eyepoint = x, y, z // measured in meterswhere 0, 0, 0 is the model's origin point.x = left/righty = up/downz = fore/aftSo, for the x value, a negative number would be LEFT of the centerline...for the y value, a negative number would be BELOW the centerline...and for Z value, a negative number would be FORWARD of the centerline.

Fr. Bill    

Okay, thanks.No, I haven't read the SDK. I am not a developer I am just a user. The only reason I posed in this forum instead of the regular FS9 forum was because I figured you guys would know better.So I'm assuming that just means I need to change the "-0.9" to "0"? Is that right?

Only if there's a seat in the center...

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

>Okay, thanks.>>No, I haven't read the SDK. I am not a developer I am just a>user. The only reason I posed in this forum instead of the>regular FS9 forum was because I figured you guys would know>better.>>So I'm assuming that just means I need to change the "-0.9" to>"0"? Is that right?That's why I posted the instructions... ;)I was mistaken though (that happens a lot when you're old!) ;)This is the correct order of the entries:eyepoint=19.9, -1.445, 3.65 //Longitudinal, Lateral, Vertical (feet)The last number in the list is the "vertical," so you'd have to increase that by small increments until you're satisfied with the results.In your case:eyepoint=0.15, -0.9, 2.2I'd suggest 2.8 as a reasonable guess. It will "raise your seat" six inches.

Fr. Bill    

Guest ivormills

You said "any help would be appreciated"You obviously don't need any help or appreciate it!

Okay, so I played with that number but all that seems to do is adjust how far off the ground you are sitting. Not the actual up/down "eyepoint" adjustment.Is there someplace else I need to be looking?