Sign in to follow this  
pve

FSX XML missing <clip>

Hi all Started doing some code in FSX for the first time today (fixing the 737 EHSI expanded Nav1 CRS indicator). All went well till the last job to clip the long pointer, It's gone! has any one seen it are there other useful commands missing.

Paul EGLD

Paul,I would recommend you stick to FS9 XML coding. Unless you need the tag, which finally works in FSX XML, the new schema won't add a bit of functionality to your projects. I even doubt that it will be maintained in future releases, as it was added only to comply with the ACE editor ( and I also suspect that you don't use that editor, do you? :-) )Tom

Hello Tom Yes I think you are right the new code seems more syntax a lot more work for the same result. I tried my FS9 FMC in the FSX 737 and most of that works OK some text not showing. A lot of the FSX GPS color commands don't seem to work ie ColorLayerVORs, ActiveColorLayerFlightPlan etc. I don't use the ACE editor you can copy and paste faster and get a bigger picture with notepad. I sorted the clip problem out used a mask. The EHSI is looking good now and I will try out some more FS9 gauges. Paul

Paul EGLD