Sign in to follow this  
Guest nomad survivor

Lokking for 737 G-max Model

Guest nomad survivor

Hi I am after a g-max model of the 737-700 or similar for conversion into the Wedgetail AWACS (RAAF). If any of you fantastic modellers could let me have one it would be greatly appreciated. Im new to FS modelling so starting from scratch is a bit daunting.

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Actually, starting from scratch (if you are new) will be easier in many ways.You will have to learn how to use GMax either way, and in the end will learn more easily on something only as complex as you are currently capable of creating.GMax is not a weekend project thing, it will take you many months to learn. Do yourself a favor, and start by doing ALL the tutorials.While you might get lucky and get someone that never finished something to give you a start, you will likely find that it must be re-worked anyway to get it into FS, unless they were an experienced modeler themselves.A 737-like aircraft is not all that hard. Give it a go. In the end, you will be much prouder of your achievement.Learn to export it to the game right away, and do this often at first so you discover error quickly and learn what to avoid doing. This will save you hours in the end.Also, learn how to UVW map and Unwrap early so you can begin to texture as you go. I wrote an excellent tutorial on how to do this in 3DSMax which is available free on Hovercontrol.com, but will be a bit different from GMax, as you will have to use UVW Map modifiers I believe.Good luck.

Guest nomad survivor

sounds like good advice, thanks. I'm sure i'll be back with more questions once i get into it.........