Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Where is gdiplus.dll ?

Many FS add-on gauges (including mine) use GDI+ for graphic displays. I was trying to find out what version I have, so I searched the "gdiplus.dll" file, and... I couldn't find it. It is not in Windows directory, not in WindowsSystem32,...So I made a search and found it in Office and in another strange directory, but I don't think Window fetches it there. Do you know where this DLL is?As far as I know, Windows fetches in Windows, WindowsSystem32 and the application directory. How can it find GDI+ if the DLL is not in one of these directories?I have Windows XP, SP2.EDIT:Please forget my question, the dependancy walker helped me in locating it. On my system, it is here: C:WINDOWSWinSxSx86_Microsoft.Windows.GdiPlus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.0.2600.2180_x-ww_522f9f82Strange... I didn't know Windows could find it here when needed, but it works :-)Eric

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Generally, it should be in: c:WINDOWSWinSxSon Win XP SP2along with a number of other locations.

>Generally, it should be in:>> c:WINDOWSWinSxS>>on Win XP SP2>>along with a number of other locations.The reason being that the SxS folder allows them to have multiple versions of the same file available at need... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I see, now I understand the meaning of this WinSxS directory.I checked on another computer, and I was surprised to see the DLL version and date were different.I don't think there is much differences in the different versions, but still... I wonder. If I release a panel that uses GDI+, should I release the most recent version of gdiplus.dll to be sure it will work for everyone? I don't know...Eric

That should not be necessary. The OS will use whatever version the user's system has.

Fr. Bill    

Bill,Do you think an FS user can have problems with a GDI+ gauge if he doesn't have the correct version on his system?Or do you think it will work fine whatever the version?Eric

>Bill,>>Do you think an FS user can have problems with a GDI+ gauge if>he doesn't have the correct version on his system?>Or do you think it will work fine whatever the version?Eric, the only problem we've ever had with GDI+ has been when the user wasn't running at least WinXP...Since we no longer support Win98 or Win2k, and have never even pretended to support WinME, this is no longer any of any concern to us... ;)

Fr. Bill