Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy Baron

Questions about the FSX camera system

Guest fbnweoghnwd

I know that you can set up keystrokes to switch from one camera category to another. But is there a way to specify keystrokes to cycle cameras WITHIN a category? For instance, why not have keystrokes to allow the user to cycle to different views in the VC during the startup procces...main panel, overhead, center console, etc.You can, of course, use the A key to toggle within a category, but it's pretty annoying to cycle between 6 views just to get to the one you want. The other problem with cycling is that you keep getting the 2D cockpit as part of the cycle - and as the card switches to 2D mode there's an annoying pause. Which brings me to my second question: Is there any way to eliminate the 2D cockpit from the cycle?

>I know that you can set up keystrokes to switch from one>camera category to another. But is there a way to specify>keystrokes to cycle cameras WITHIN a category? For instance,>why not have keystrokes to allow the user to cycle to>different views in the VC during the startup procces...main>panel, overhead, center console, etc.>>You can, of course, use the A key to toggle within a category,>but it's pretty annoying to cycle between 6 views just to get>to the one you want. The other problem with cycling is that>you keep getting the 2D cockpit as part of the cycle - and as>the card switches to 2D mode there's an annoying pause. Which>brings me to my second question: Is there any way to eliminate>the 2D cockpit from the cycle?I don't cyle views for the VC. I define the right seat,overhead and pedestal views with 3 camera config entriesin my aircraft.cfg. I assign a keystroke to select eachview tnem program that keystroke in my Saitek X-45 #2 haton my stick, as well as the normal left-seat view. So, witha flick of my thumb I can select any of those four views.Here's an example from the HS121 Trident 3 I imported from FS9:[CameraDefinition.001]Title = "Right Seat"Guid = {8ff6c134-098d-409f-baec-caba3f683f98}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YESSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = .8SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=1.40, -0.02, -0.15InitialPbh=2, 0, 0HotKeySelect=5[CameraDefinition.002]Title = "Center Console"Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-2E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.79SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0.54, 0.35, -0.50//InitialXyz=0.54, 0.60, -0.40InitialPbh=42, 0, 0//InitialPbh=70, 0, 0HotKeySelect=6[CameraDefinition.003]Title = "Overhead Panel"Guid = {4ca337db-ae88-4c5f-96ea-ddebbd2a86fe}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.8SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60//InitialXyz=0.7, -0.58, -0.31InitialXyz=0.55, -0.47, -0.38//InitialPbh=-58.0, 0, 0InitialPbh=-52.0, 0, 0HotKeySelect=7I've defined the HotKeySelect keys as:5 = Ctl+F9 (right)6 = Ctl+F10 (down)7 = Shift+F7 (up)F9 is the default VC view (pilot) and on my hat as (left)I use these three definitions in each aircraft I have thathas a VC and just adjust the "InitialXyz" and "InitialPbh"to get the view I want. I also have TrackIR4 but these view switches make that even better. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest fbnweoghnwd

Still clueless.Where you've entered "HotKeySelect=5", what does the "5" represent?:7

>Still clueless.>>Where you've entered "HotKeySelect=5", what does the "5">represent?:7 Open FSx. Go to "Settings", "Controls", "Buttons & Keys", "Views" Look down the list and you will see""View Camera 5 (select)"As well as Camera 0, 4, 6, 7, 8 & 9.You define the key or combination of keys you want touse for that camera select, which translates to the "HotKeySelect=" entry you will use.In that same section the "Virtual Cockpit (shortcut)"is the key that will get you back to the pilots seat. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest fbnweoghnwd

That's working great. Thanks, Paul

>That's working great. Thanks, Paul Glad to help. The SDK has all the info on just what each ofthose entries do for tweaking the camera position to your liking. Paul

Wide-5.jpg