Sign in to follow this  
Guest Patrick_Waugh

40,000 lines of code, and it is almost done!

Guest jcomm

WHOW!!!!Is this the acclaimed DODO Realstart 206?

Not only 40000 lines of code, but also very nice graphics.Congratulations !!When will we have the chance to see this on our machines?Eric

Guest Patrick_Waugh

>WHOW!!!!>>Is this the acclaimed DODO Realstart 206?No, this is the Benchmark B206B-III. Several years ago, I started publishing in the Hovercontrol forums that I was doing a low-skid 206 and had discovered a way to implement vortex ring state. After several months, my life took me away from the project, and in the mean time Dodo ran with those ideas and some of their own and created their Dodo.The Dodo uses XML, and we do things that will be impossible to achieve in XML code, without a C dll.Moreover, when we add VRS it will follow the actual aircraft performance chart for VRS. We are holding off on some of those features until the April release of MS's helo add-on which may add some new features and change things a bit.

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Thanks. They are such a joy to create, it is my favorite thing to do beside fly it.I am in the home stretch now, Eric, with my new sound system finally installed and debuged, but now I have to change the starter over to the new system which will take a few days more. I am hoping less than a week.

Guest jcomm

Patrick,I look forward for it! I'm an helo fan in the very 1st place :-)I didn't know about the update for helis from MS?????

Guest Patrick_Waugh

>Patrick,>>I look forward for it! I'm an helo fan in the very 1st place>:-)>>I didn't know about the update for helis from MS?????Well actually it is an add-on pack I think... I know next to nothing about it myself. One of the dev team referred to it in a post, but did not elaborate on it. Given some things I see that are unused laying around, I have a feeling we will be pleased.

Guest jcomm

I welcomed the new rotor load physics in the Bell. Meanwhile had to tweak the R-22 for better performance, as well as torque effects (sort of...) and autorotation.Also noticed they internaly "moved" the Gyroscopic effects "slider" to higher than acceptable values - IMHO we now (FSX) have to set the Gyroscopic effects to 1/4th in the Airplane Realism menu in order to be able to use higher Rotor MOIs...

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Yes, which is why you never want to think in terms of those values being real world, but only set them to whatever works. =)It is a shame that it is difficult to model rotor inertia properly to allow for proper autos.