Sign in to follow this  
Guest Patrick_Waugh

Lower RPM generated by starter

Guest Patrick_Waugh

If when you actuate the starter and hold it you get say 62% RPM (which is the idle RPM interestingly, so I'm thinking maybe this is releated), what do you change to lower the max RPM generated by the starter with engine type 3?

Hi,Not familiar with C++ and Choppers.But to avoid irrealistic values one can fake a little bit.In xml something like (if you want 60%):(A:starter,bool) if{ (L:rpm,rpm) 2 + 60 min (>L:rpm,rpm) } els{ (A:RPM,rpm) (>L:rpm,rpm) } Now the rpm's will reach 60% max after 5 seconds.Read: %((L:rpm,rpm))%!d! Give needle some delay. Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Oh, I could fake it, but what I'm looking to do is actually lower the RPM reached by tweeking the right thing in FS be it aircraft.cfg var or airfile.BTW, it is the N2 in an Engine 3 that goes to about 62% (or idle). I really want to max out N1 at 18% if I hold the starter, but do not allow combustion (by holding mixture max lean).Much better to use the FS stuff if we can so that it minimizes the need for changes as they change things.