Sign in to follow this  
Guest rkruijer

ETE and ETA

Guest rkruijer

Hello panel designersMy friend Glenn Ciopeland has gone back to work and has very little time at the moment.He allows me to alter his descentometer.zip to the extend that it will show ETE and ETA to destination. His gauge will, after typing an ICAO, show the name and distance of the airport. I took a look at his macros that I have added to this post for convenience.Since GPS code is a little too complicated for me I thought to ask your help.I would like to be able to display the following 2 after the destination has been set!GPS ETE Estimated time enroute to destinationGPS ETA Estimated time of arrival at destinationI suppose they are A:vars. Are these the correct vars to retrieve the values from within this gauge or must I use something else?I have been trying (A:GPS ETA,minutes) but that gave 0 I would be very pleased if someone could tell me what it takes to get that done?Thanks for your time,Roelof----------------------- Code -------------------------------------Gauge Name="Descentometer3 by Glenn Copeland" Version="1.0">C:fs9gpsC:fs9gps@1 (>@c:IcaoSearchInitialIcao)@2 (>@c:IcaoSearchStartCursor)@3 (>@g:enteringInput) 0 (>@c:IcaoSearchMatchedIcao)0 (>G:Var1) 0 (>G:Var2) 0 (>G:Var3) 0 (>G:Var4) 0 (>G:Var5)0 (>L:DmVar1, number) 0 (>L:DmVar2, number) 0 (>L:DmVar3, number)0 (>L:DmVar4, number) 0 (>L:DmVar5, number)0 (>K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH)(A:Plane Altitude, feet) 200 - (>K:AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH)0 (>L:Dmeter_InitialIASHold, knots)0 (>L:Dmeter_VSAuto, bool)0 (>L:Dmeter_AutopilotFeed, number)0 (>L:Dmeter_MessageLine, number)(@g:enteringInput) 10 == if{ (@c:IcaoSearchInitialIcao) (>@c:WaypointAirportICAO) }0 (>@c:IcaoSearchStopCursor)0 (>@g:enteringInput)(@g:enteringInput) 31 == if{ (@c:IcaoSearchCurrentIcao) (>@c:FacilityICAO) }--------------------------End of code -------------------------------

There are no such variables! If you want to display 'em, you'll have to do the calculations yourself.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest rkruijer

>There are no such variables! If you want to display>'em, you'll have to do the calculations yourself.Thanks Bill. I saw them listed in FS9 GPS A:VARS but that does not always guarantees their existence then.Roelof

Hi,Did you try:(@c:FlightPlanWaypointETE,hours) (@c:FlightPlanWaypointETA,hours) In a string:%((@c:FlightPlanWaypointETE,hours) flr 100 %)%!02d! : %((@c:FlightPlanWaypointETE,minutes) flr 60 %)%!02d!or%((A:GPS ETE,hours) flr 100 %)%!02d! : %((A:GPS ETE,minutes) flr 60 %)%!02d!?Otherwise indeed you have to calculate it yourself with speed and distance etc..Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest rkruijer

Hi Jan,No I didn't. I was under the impression that this would only work when an FS9 flight plan has been loaded. That is not the case. Correct me if I'm wrong please! In the meantime I tried your suggestion and entered (@c:FlightPlanWaypointETE,hours)(>L:MyETE,hours)(@c:FlightPlanWaypointETA,hours)(>L:MyETA,hours)into Glenn's descentometer gauge. (L:MyETE,hours)and (L:MyETA,hours) will display nicely txt wise in my test gauge but zeros only.(@c:FlightPlanWaypointETE,hours) inplies more or less that a fligt plan is needed. Is a destination airport strictly speaking a waypoint?Thanks for your help,Roelof >Hi,>>Did you try:>>(@c:FlightPlanWaypointETE,hours) >(@c:FlightPlanWaypointETA,hours) >>In a string:>>>%((@c:FlightPlanWaypointETE,hours) flr 100 %)%!02d! : >%((@c:FlightPlanWaypointETE,minutes) flr 60 %)%!02d!>>>or>>>%((A:GPS ETE,hours) flr 100 %)%!02d! : >%((A:GPS ETE,minutes) flr 60 %)%!02d!>

Hi,Not sure, but i think a dest. arpt. will show up as a fltpln. wpt.You can try it.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest rkruijer

Jan,Nope!GPS will not show anything unless you load a fp.Even I load a fp and power up this descentometer it will not give me the results. I think I will start my own calculations.Roelof>Hi,>>Not sure, but i think a dest. arpt. will show up as a fltpln.>wpt.>You can try it.>>Jan>>"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Hi,In that case i use something like:%((L:distance,nmiles) (A:GROUND VELOCITY,knots) / 60 * flr 60 %)%!02d! : %((L:distance,nmiles) (A:GROUND VELOCITY,knots) / 3600 * flr 60 %)%!02d!Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest rkruijer

Yes Jan,That's what it will boil down to aproximately.Roelof

>>There are no such variables! If you want to display>>'em, you'll have to do the calculations yourself.>>Thanks Bill. I saw them listed in FS9 GPS A:VARS but that does>not always guarantees their existence then.The variables referring to ETE in the GPS system are only to the next waypoint in a flightplan.There is NO variable that will provide ETE to the destination, which frankly is a serious lack... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi,Just tested a bit, if you do a direct to in the gps, FlightPlanWaypointETE will show time enroute.You can do also something with + and - Zulu and Timezonedeviation.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest rkruijer

Thanks Gentlemen,I'll have a look at the GPS again and stuff it with a direct to.But that's just for fun. I never use the GPS so I'll make a gauge that displays a few things like ETA, ETE, Take Off time Landing time Elapsed time etc.Roelof