Sign in to follow this  
dmaher

Learning XMl/Gauges

Guest bgood98

Here is my situation.I took it upon myself to update some of my VA's fleet. I have FSX, the fleet is 99.9% FS2k4. Which is not a biggy since most can switch right over with minor fixes needed.However the Saab 340 has been a thorn in my side since day one. The panel that came with it is almost an exact match to the real one, but due to a guage problem (FS98ish gauges), I have had to improvise.I have a nice working panel now with up to gauges that will work in FSX.I got my hands on some callout wav files.IE: Climbing past 10,000ftDescending past 10,000ftv1, v2, rotategearupgeardowncallouts wav files. I would like to incorperate these into the aircraft. The whole like I have a co pilot thing.I am a bit confused as to if these are going to go into the sound.cfg or if I have to create an XML gauge file.My concerns about the XML gauge file:#1 I havent learned how to call audio files to play.#2 For V1,V2,Rotate callout, I would assume I would need to script it to check Alt vs Airspeed vs Spreed rate increase so that it would not callout say when im slowing down after landing???

First of all, this is the wrong forum for such questions. The Aircraft and Panel Design forum is here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=122Secondly, XML gauges do not support sound at all. There are some "helper gauges" available that will allow you to shoehorn sound, but that's described in the aforementioned forum... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Sound like good concerns to me.

Hi,Isn't this the right forum...?Look for Rob Barendregt's Vspeed gauges and Doug Dawson'sXml-sound gauge.With those 2 gauges you will be able to add all those sounds and hunderds more to any aircraft.Of course some study, trial and error...etc!Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

"Sound like good concerns to me."...cheeky ;) LOLI've been considering looking into using Doug Dawson solution. Does the sound gauge require FSUIPC to work(for FS9)?So far I

The original version, from about 3 years ago, did. The more recent versions, including the one that is in the library now, do not.Doug

>Hi,>>Isn't this the right forum...?The post was moved here from the FSX Forum, Jan... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Me and my big....Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest bgood98

I have read about Doug Dawson's helper gauge and have downloaded it the other day after googling for some tutorials.the readme doc in his gau wasn't very specific, and I didnt quite understand how exctly it would funtion.LVARS? this is new to me.And say for example the GEARUP.WAV file. how exactly would this be triggered? Would the gear up gauge file need a line to trigger the audio gauge file to play x sound?His documentation for the gauge really didnt discuss anything regarding how to actually setup up an xml guage to trigger the .gau

>The original version, from about 3 years ago, did. The more>recent versions, including the one that is in the library now,>do not.>>Doug>Thanks Doug....That's great news.DannyCZBB