Sign in to follow this  
Guest dougfreeman

XML Map display

Guest dougfreeman

Can anyone help me with the programming of the xml map display?I have read Talal's excellent example over at fs2x.com and can just about get it to display how I want but I would like to show the aircraft track as it's shown on the built in FS9 map dialogue.Anyone know how to do this? Additionally, does anyone know where/how the information is stored that is used to make the map. I assume it's one of the scenery BGL files, but which one? I'm particularly interested in the airways and controlled airspace info.Many thanks....

Hello Look in the XML gps_500 gauge in the section you will find all the map and line settings. Own aircraft postion, trackline size, color,navaids,airspace etc. All the info for this comes from the GPSmap.dll in the Modules folder.

Paul EGLD

Guest dougfreeman

Thanks for that.I've looked at that gps file but can't find what I want.I want to create the ability to toggle the route history on and off as per the built-in map facility. I imagine that this is done by simply setting a value in a xml tag but cant find the tag in that gps gauge or others.Does anyone else know?Thanks again

Hi,Make a simple xml gauge with click: (L:rte data,bool) ! (>L:rte data,bool) In the gps map-vieuw find:LayerFlightPlan="Yes" Change this into: (L:rte data,bool) When you toggle, the flight plan wil be visible or not.Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest dougfreeman

That's great, thanks for that!