Sign in to follow this  
Guest bgood98

Needle Problem

Guest bgood98

I have a guage that has 2 elements in it.Its and Oil PSI and Temp gauge.On the top half is the PSIThe bottom is the temp.I am making the gauge in ACE XML and am using degrees to control the rotation.I want to clarify something:The needle bmp i made for the Temp part points south. or 180 degrees.the problem is moving it left and right, is it going to be all positive numbers?South = 180SE = 45SW = -45 ORSouht = 180SE = 250SW = 120?

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Your needle should point East (the standard) although it is posible to do otherwise.Then, you need to define your non-linearity correctly for clockwise vs. anti-clockwise motion.For example in the Baron Oil Condition Indicator:--(A:Eng1 oil temperature,celsius)----(A:Eng1 oil pressure,PSI)-Note that for anit-clockwise motion you reverse the order in the non-linearity table.

Guest bgood98

Here is the code for the bottom portion. 160.000,160.000True12.000,11.000SOUTH-55.000150.0000.00069.000,212.0000.00091.000,240.00050.000160.000,265.0000.000251.000,212.000FreezeHere is the result and the problem as best i can display ithttp://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2316/exampleph1.jpg

Guest bgood98

If you notice the needle points well past 150 degrees. Yet it you look at the number at the top of the guage I used to compare needle to actual it shows 52. meaning the needle is WAAAYYY off lol

Guest bgood98

omg lol.....i found something nasty out lolthat 52 i was looking at was actually 520!!!!!!!!!!

Guest bgood98

OK I figured this all out and here is how Degrees work with ACE XMlPoints North = 0 degrees northPoints West = 0 degrees westPoints South = 0 degrees southPoints East = 0 degrees eastAs stated by Patrick is has to be set up based upon whats clockwise and counter clockwise.For Points North it works via clockwise- degrees to + degrees for the animationFor Points South its its the same.- degrees to + degrees for the animationBut here's the catchFor South animation the points are reversed for the animationSO for example the numbers on my gauge go from -50 to +150 with +50 being the center of the marks+150 = -55 degrees+100 = -40 degrees+75 = -25 degrees+50 = 0 degrees (SOUTH)+25 = +25 degrees0 = +40 degrees-50 = +55 degreesNow compare to "Points North"-50 = -55 degrees0 = -40 degrees+25 = -25 degrees+50 = 0 degrees (NORTH)+75 = 25 degrees+100 = 40 degrees+150 = 55 degreesThe animations work clockwise. So the start point has to be the 1st point in a clockwise motion!