Sign in to follow this  
pve

Anyone familiar whith this type of Gauge-file ? :)

Guest AndreasB

Hi Fellow PilotsI censirely hope, that someone in here can help me with my problem :)The Case: For the momement im fooling around withe some sound fore my MD-XX, so that the Inviroment inside the cocpit would be as real as possible. For that reasson I need a specific sound-file being played, only when the Aircraft is on the ground, in other words: From it touches down on the runway with 130 IAS, to it rotates again. - This meens that the soundfile alsow has to be played while taxi and parking. MY QEUSTION FOR YOU:Is there some one in here who knows about an Gauge-file that can controle af specific sound-file so that it only are played when the aircraft is on the ground?It dosen't has to be the only function that the gauge-fil can do, I just need an gaug-file wich contais the function that Im asking fore, wich is; Controling an specifik sound-file so that it only are payed while the plane is on the ground. I don't know much aboute XML-Gauges, byt please tell me if it is easy to contrukt an Gauge-file my self, with this funktion :)It's a lot of text, but actually a simple question.Kind RegardsAndreas B. / Denmark

Andreas, It is completely possible to do this, (FS9 only?) my suggestion is to try it yourself. ( A good feeling of accomplishment :-) ) There are a few downloads needed to get you started. For general XML coding --xmlgau01.zip-peek at anyones xml gauge(s) for syntax-FS9 panel SDK ( http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/2...s_sdk_setup.exe ) For the sound gauge --dsd_xml_sound3_v361.zipPackages available here at AVSIM except for the SDK.If you feel it's too tough or, are just having problems, just come back here :-)Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Hello Andreas You can include in a visible xml gauge Value tag. (A:sim on ground, bool) if { 1 (L:PlayMySound,number) } els{ 0 (L:PlayMySound,number) } Using Doug Dawsons Gauge, dsd_xml_sound3.gau availible from the Avsim library. The download has details of how to set it all up.

Paul EGLD

Guest AndreasB

Hi again...I have decided to try an solution that combines both of your replys...I'll try to construct an gaug-file by using Doug Dawsons Gauge, and if I find it an little easy and if I sems to get a hang of it, then I will try to modify it more detailed, and maybe use this methoed to create other sounds fore my MD-XX sound project..BYT ONE QUESTION REMAINS (intil now;) )How do I open the dsd_xml_sound3.gau so that I can modify it.. - Wich program do I need ??Kind Regards againAndreas :) And PS.: Guys, thank you for your fast replyes, I find it quite PRO with these fast answers :)

>>How do I open the dsd_xml_sound3.gau so that I can modify it..>You don't...;-)What is it that you want to change?Doug

Guest AndreasB

Hi DougOf what pve writes;> You can include in a visible xml gauge Value tag. (A:sim on>ground, bool) if { 1 (L:PlayMySound,number) } els{ 0>(L:PlayMySound,number) }>> Using Doug Dawsons Gauge, dsd_xml_sound3.gau- I get the impression that I have to open the gauge-file, in order to modify it withe the lines: >ground, bool) if { 1 (L:PlayMySound,number) } els{ 0>(L:PlayMySound,number) }But this is maybe the wrong way to do it?? :)Kind RegardsAndreas / Denmark

Hello Andreas You need to read and understand the instuctions on how to setup Doug's gauge. Then put the code ground, bool) if { 1 (L:PlayMySound,number) } els{ 0(L:PlayMySound,number) } in one of your aircraft gauges.

Paul EGLD

Guest AndreasB

Aaarr... Okay :)Thanks for the explanation, I'll try to read the instructions again then..I might be asking for a few other things later on, if it's okay with you ;)I hope it is..RegardsAndreas - who is working hard here in Denmark :)

AndreasTo put it in a nutshell, Dougs sound gauge when loaded reads the .ini file. This is where you assign "your" trigger variable to a sound "AND" tell Dougs sound gauge where to find your sound file. (PATHS ARE VERY IMPORTANT!)Beacause a "L:" type variable can "talk" between gauges, the gauge you make to trigger this sound will be monitored by Dougs sound gauge (via the .ini), once triggered, Dougs sound gauge does the magic :-). ( plays the sound)All in All, Dougs gauge IS the BOMB! THANX DOUG :-) Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest AndreasB

Hi again...Well, to start with; I would like to say that this isn't easy the first time trying to code an gauge, but at the same time, it's quite fun, fasinating and leraning to get to know FS on the teqnical side...This is how far i've got until know:Picture#1http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/169837.jpgAs you se, I've now got the parameters, wich I have marked in black, inside an visible XML_gauge file's value-tag. just liked Pve writted.The case as it is at the moment: How do I tell the gauge-file from picture#1, wich sound file it's ment to play. I have a strong feeling that the lines in the manual for Doug's gauge file (see picture#2) saying: Lvar00=dsd_xml_sound_id_00 and Sound00=./Sound/dsd/dsd_xml_00.wavPicture#2http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/169849.jpgIs used to tell wich sound the gauge-file from picture#1 is ment to play...My question is now: Where is it ment for me to write these lines, so that the gauge will play when it supposed to do so.Sorry for the big Pictures... Kind RegardsAndreas - Denmark :)

Hello Andreas Good progress, In the ini file the 00 LVAR line will have the LVAR from your gauge. Which I see you have named as the default. The sound line will be: Sound00=./Sound/"Your chosen wave file".wav Example from my file Sound00=./Sound/Sign.wav See if it works

Paul EGLD