I do the odd bit of scenery design, aircraft repainting and the like: gauges, from scratch, are (as yet at least) totally beyond me. Hence this 'challenge'. I mean 'request!OK I am lazy maybe, but I would love a little gauge which when clicked once would reset all other cockpit gauges to default - altitude to current, climb rate to zero, speed to zero, heading & course to 340, all AP gauges back to default, and so on.Is that possible anyone?????Martin :-)

Hi,Make an xml gaugeA small example:Default340 (>K:VOR1_SET) 340 (>K:HEADING_BUG_SET) 340 (>K:AP_PANEL_HEADING_SET) 0 (>K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) 0 (>K:AP_AIRSPEED_SET) (A:INDICATED ALTITUDE,feet) (>K:AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) etc.etc. (you can put in here any ap defaults what you want)Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

That's good of you; I just started working with and editing xml files so have a vague idea of what is going on in your text, but couldn't have even begun to write it on my own. I'll give it a go, install it as usual and report back.Many thanks,Martin

Jan,Getting nowhere Im afraid - I am not making a success of getting the information you gave into xml format. Any chance of your sending me the data you give above, but as an xml file so I can see what's going on, if I post an e-mail address? Depends on how much time you have of course...Thanks,M.

Hi,Try:Uncab one of the xml.cabs somewhere.Take one xml file, don't bother about bitmaps, and open with Notepad.Delete all text and paste the above gauge text in it and save as default, or any other name.Make a new folder in the panel folder of your aircraft and call it say: newgaugesPut the new default.xml in that folder and add to the panel.cfggaugexx=newgauges!default, your place and size.I tested it and it works.Of course i can send the file via mail, just give an adress.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

But as far as I recall, once I save information from an xml file as a text document I lose vital information from it which I can't then recover. If I save your lines as text, I have no idea how to get them back to xml format. Certainly just renaming the extension to .xml doesn't work. I don't know enough about the xml script to be able to do much parsing of files myself.The e-mail address I use for 'public consumption' so to speak is:martinlest AT yahoo. co.uk - the 'AT' the usual sign of course.If you could send me the file you think will work, in xml format, I'd be very grateful: I can then save it and experiment editing it. (And post back when it all goes wrong and I'm back to sqaure one!!).Thanks again for your time on this Jan.Martin

I should have read your post properly, shouldn't I?! Obviously you didn't mean save the file in txt format, just open it with notepad. It was clear enough - just me not paying attention and jumping to false conclusions.I'll see what I can do - and if you do get chance to e-mail me your version so much the better, so as I can compare things.Thanks again,M.

More .... !OK, I have the xml file with the information in it. Then (am I doing this correctly - I'm on very shaky ground?), having called the xml file 'reset.xml', I put it into a new folder called 'reset'. That folder goes into fs9/gauges. I then add a line to Window01 in the panel.cfg which reads:gauge87=reset!reset, 0,0,20,20But nothing happens when I save the file & reload the a/c. Clearly I am only half-way there, if that far. How would I get a little gauge showing in the cockpit, similar to one of the small simicon gauges for kneepad, GPS etc., that would reset the AP etc. values when I click on it?M.

Hi,Just send it.If you want to make it visible, you have to add a small bitmap.add:Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

I'll reply to your e-mail (just received) rather than waffle on taking up bandwidth here!Thanks,M.