Sign in to follow this  
Guest Patrick_Waugh

Panel draw order?

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Not being a panel.cfg guru, I'm wondering what controls the draw order on the panels? Is it just the order in the panel number?Patrick

Do you mean gauge draw order? If you do, then yes, IIRC it's just drawn subsequently, e. g. gauge00, gauge01, and so on.Cheers, :-beerchugEtienne :-wave

Guest Patrick_Waugh

No, although that is good to know too.I found out the answer. I had to add zorder= to the panel.cfg file to get what I wanted.Here it is in it's final form, right after turning the battery on, and muting the annoying warning horns.http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k282/Ben...vancedPanel.pngThanks,Patrick

As for the issue of gauge draw order, ACES has kindly provided a way to force gauges to draw in a specific order without having to manually reorder them in the panel.cfg file......which, btw doesn't always work since gauges may or may not be ready to "draw" during any given cycle... ;)draw_order00 to draw_orderNNFor example, in the FSX Beech Baron58, there are several draw_order entries:draw_order00=gauge18, gauge15draw_order01=gauge51, gauge60draw_order02=gauge52, gauge60draw_order03=gauge53, gauge60Note that this param entry works only with FS9 and FSX...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Great info.I'll add this info to the BAC Wiki later this weekend.Patrick

Guest jp_langer

As far as I found, the draw order of each panel window starts with the order the "Visible" windows of the panel.cfg are opened when the aircraft is loaded, generally [Windows00] is the first to be loaded (and stays always opened)and the other windows take row on top of [Windows00].So if you have the captains view and the first officer view which have generally the same panel board size (so you cannot open the smallest one the the larger one on top to hide it), you better make a transparent [Windows00] with black (0.0.0) except one or two pixels different from (0.0.0) as FS does not accept a completely transparent window. This window will always stay opened and let you open/close the other ones as you like. That's what I do in all my panels when I have an IFR panel (all instruments visible and little outside view), a VFR panel (better outside view) and Landing panel (maximum outside view).Then you can open/close the Captain's panel, the First Officer panel, etc... The order in which you open a window make the order the windows take place on top of [Windows00]. So better open the GPS view after having opened the Captain's panel and the First Officer panel. If you don't, depending the GPS position, it could be hidden by one of these panels.Jean-Pierre

>The order in which you open a window make the>order the windows take place on top of [Windows00]. So better>open the GPS view after having opened the Captain's panel and>the First Officer panel. If you don't, depending the GPS>position, it could be hidden by one of these panels.But in fs9/fsx you can bypas this with zorder:http://www.aerodynamika.com/cgi-bin/yabb/Y...?num=1173807636L.

Guest jp_langer

Thanks Luka,I did not know.Jean-Pierre

Guest Patrick_Waugh

ZOrder was discussed in my post above. :-beerchug