Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

sd2gau20.zip uploaded

I decided that if I didn't make 'soon'='now' I probably wouldn't get this done for months. An updated tutorial was uploaded today; it's in the FSX Gauges section (when it's released) but it still applied to FS9.The only thing really new thing is Retrieving XML Data (read-only functionality - thanks Bill!) but there's a shedload of minor updates and clarifications and this time I hope I've finally removed all obsolete information!-Dai

Great news, thanks a ton! *:-* Really appreciate your work, sd2gauXX.zip has always been good reading for me! :-hahCheers, :-beerchugEtienne :-wave

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Cool Dai, but maybe you should have posted the link to it for those that might want to find it easily. (And we know who they are :) )

>http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=103489>>Anyone think it's worth a sticky?>>-DaiProbably... I'll post the link in the Panel & Gauge Design forum at flightsim.com and make it a "Sticky."The first thing I did was load the xx.doc file and create a .pdf file, which 'shrunk' the result to a mere 799KB file. ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>The first thing I did was load the xx.doc file and create a .pdf file, which 'shrunk' the result to a mere 799KB file. ;).If it's gonna get stickied I guess I'll keep this thread as a rolling update; sd2gau21 is due very soon with a corrected (again! ) fsxgauges_sp1.h. The main undocumented changes there that I can find include the additions of FS900 and FS1000 gauge macros; the FS900 one was missing from both the FS9 SDK and the original FSX SDK. Any other additions are actually documented in the SP1 blurbs.-Dai

>>The first thing I did was load the xx.doc file and create a>.pdf file, which 'shrunk' the result to a mere 799KB file. ;)>>.I use a "free plugin" from http://www.pdf995.com/ to create PDF files quickly. Aside from the compression savings, it also prevents folks from "accidentally" changing any of the text, as can happen in a word .doc file... ;)>If it's gonna get stickied I guess I'll keep this thread as a>rolling update; sd2gau21 is due very soon with a corrected>(again! ) fsxgauges_sp1.h. The main undocumented>changes there that I can find include the additions of FS900>and FS1000 gauge macros; the FS900 one was missing from both>the FS9 SDK and the original FSX SDK. Any other additions are>actually documented in the SP1 blurbs.What is really strange is that none of the SDK "examples" even use the new macros!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator