Sign in to follow this  
pve

FS9 HSI L:var heading bug

Hi all Want to use L:vars to rotate heading bug in HSI. (L:HeadingBugSet,degrees) 0.0174 + (>L:HeadingBugSet,degrees) (L:HeadingBugSet,degrees) 0.0174 - (>L:HeadingBugSet,degrees) Rotates the bug 1 degree per click OK. However if you scroll with the wheel or click quickly it soon looses its position and ends up anywhere. Is it possible to use L:vars in this way.

Paul EGLD

It may be that it is not normalized for 360 degrees of rotation.(L:HeadingBugSet,degrees) 0.0174 + dnor (>L:HeadingBugSet,degrees)(L:HeadingBugSet,degrees) 0.0174 - dnor (>L:HeadingBugSet,degrees)or(L:HeadingBugSet,degrees) s1 d 360 > if{ 0.0174 (>L:HeadingBugSet,degrees) } els{ l1 0.0174 + (>L:HeadingBugSet,degrees) }(L:HeadingBugSet,degrees) s1 d 0 < if{ 359.9826(>L:HeadingBugSet,degrees) } els{ l1 0.0174 - (>L:HeadingBugSet,degrees) }Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Hi Roman They both work Ok but again any attempt to move the bug at the same speed as the default (>K:HEADING_BUG_INC/DEC) can handle result in the bug always falling behind. It is strange as I have the alt. selector on L:vars and it works fine at any speed. thanks

Paul EGLD

You might be caught with the "auto-accelerate" bug (feature) that FSUIPC can take of... Or this may work, but not with the keyboard unless you trap it. NOT TESTED, taken from vintage coding.(A:AUTOPILOT HEADING LOCK DIR, degrees) 1 + dnor (>K:HEADING_BUG_SET) (A:AUTOPILOT HEADING LOCK DIR, degrees) 1 - dnor (>K:HEADING_BUG_SET)Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Hi Roman I can't get this to work, I think the K:HEADING_BUG_INC/DEC is the only command you can use for this. Thanks for your help. Paul

Paul EGLD

Hi Paul,I use these group of lines to increment/decrement AP Heading one degree per click, with repeat enabled. It works fine, even when using the mouse wheel. (L:AP Heading, degrees) -- dnor d (>L:AP Heading, degrees) (>K:HEADING_BUG_SET) (* ++ to increase *)I think the point here is to set the heading within the eventTom

Hello Tom Yes it was in the click event, It works OK now. (L:AP Heading, degrees) -- dnor d (>L:AP Heading, degrees) (>K:HEADING_BUG_DEC) I can now hide the heading bug movement in the hold. Thanks for the lesson Paul

Paul EGLD

Hi,If you use that formula (>K:HEADING_BUG_DEC) does the job?!See Tom's code.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Hi Jan Not sure what you mean by "does the job?!"

Paul EGLD

Paul,I thought you had to use the SET command and not INC and DEC.But may be you use both commands,(>L...) and (>K...)It depends of the Var which rotates the bug. Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Jan I use SET command for seting current heading outside the hold (single click). (A:Plane heading degrees gyro,degrees) (>L:AP Heading, degrees) (A:Plane heading degrees gyro, degrees) (>K:HEADING_BUG_SET) Paul

Paul EGLD