Sign in to follow this  
Redlander

SIM_RATE_SET command

In FS9 I put a click spot next to the clock that let me instantly pop back to a simulation rate of 1 - after smoking along for awhile at a higher rate.This worked: 256 (>K:SIM_RATE_SET).Unfortunately MS did not include this SET command in FSX.This is no big deal, and I can certainly live without it, but I'm curious about whether it can be done somehow. Does anyone know of a work-around that will do this trick?Cheers, Bob

Guest Ben74

did you ever find a solution? i would like to be able to do this too.

Guest Ben74

right. but it would be nice to be able to set the sim rate to normal with just one command.

yes, it would be nice to have my coffee boiled in the morning, but I have to do it on my own...

Guest Ben74

wow, so wanting the SIM_RATE_SET command to work is asking too much, eh? i guess i'm just a spoiled little brat :)

you don't really want me to comment this, do you? Yes, you do.OK, here we go:No, that isn't too much - in case you tried to find a solution on your own - within a reasonable time. I think about 2 or 3 days (meaning 16 - 24 hours) of investigations, trial and errors are a reasonable time. If after that you haven't found a solution, you'll be moe than welcome - and you'll probably get a qualified answer. (if not from me than maybe from someone else...)But - without diving into this subject too deeply - I'm quite sure that there will be a solution that doesn't require too much investigations.

>did you ever find a solution? i would like to be able to do>this too.Never did. But, since it's not very important I haven't tried very hard. If someone smarter than me (everyone) has some spare time maybe they can figure out a work-around - just for fun. Hang in there! Bob

I assume you actually tried 256 (>K:SIM_RATE_SET) in FSX and it didn't work...Did you try this (new for FSX)SIM_RATE Selects simulation rate (use KEY_MINUS, KEY_PLUS to change)e.g.:(>K:SIM_RATE) (>K:MINUS) (>K:MINUS) Add as many (>K:MINUS) commands in the sequence as needed to resume 1x speed...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>I assume you actually tried 256>(>K:SIM_RATE_SET) in FSX and it didn't work...Yes, I did try that. It didn't work - but your suggestion does.Nifty solution! Thank you kindly.Cheers, Bob

>Yes, I did try that. It didn't work - but your suggestion>does.>>Nifty solution! Thank you kindly.You are most welcome. As long as you know what simrate you're going to/from, it's a workable solution. ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just to hang in once again...Ben74, I have to appologize, It's been late at night after a bad day. I think my words were rougher than they should be. I'm sorry for this.Just one more idea how I'd solve the problemI'd build a gauge to display and to inc / dec the simrate.This gauge would also have a third button or mouse-click area to return to normal simrate from where ever you are: Clicking this will set an internal variable to 1.Mouse click event:(1 (>L:SR reset,bool)Now you need an element, which permanently checks this (L:SR reset,bool) and starts to reset the simrate as soon as it detects it to be 1. This simply can be done by a if-then syntax which either increases or decreases the simrate until (A:SIMRATE,number) equals 0. Something like this should work:reset if sim rate is higher than 1:(L:SR reset,bool) 1 == (A:SIMULTION RATE,number) 0 > && if{ (A:SIMULATION RATE,number) 0 == if{ 0 (L:SR reset,bool) els{ (>K:SIM_RATE_DECR) } }And in case it is lower than 1(L:SR reset,bool) 1 == (A:SIMULTION RATE,number) 0 < && if{ (A:SIMULATION RATE,number) 0 == if{ 0 (L:SR reset,bool) els{ (>K:SIM_RATE_INCR) } }This changes the simrate as long as it doesn't equal 0 and when it equals 0 it sets the (L:SR reset) back to 0 - job is done.I neither have tried this nor may the syntax be correct in all points, but the idea (in general) will work.Herbert