Sign in to follow this  
Guest Staggerwing

Steve Fossett's plane found, no body in wreckage

>RIP,>>btRIP might be premature. No remains have been found yet, according to a more recent report.

a touchy emotional subject - but surely there would have to be a trace (just a trace) of some remains - some hair, bone fragments. If there is NOTHING, then the mystery will continueBarry

Hi Kevin.Have you seen the pics? Unless he is / was a fly and managed to get out before impact, not much / many of the remains will be found. I've seen these kind of full speed into terrain before, our bodies are just not designed for that kind of impact. RIP, he was definitely a pioneer in many respects. TV

Guest Staggerwing

Yeah, still strange to me..Even an empty aircraft could crash into a mountain, they still might find an open chute.Even with a heavy crash, should have been some remains found right off I'd think. Have to look, don't know how many carnivorous animals live and feed at that high an altitude, wolves? And then there is the fact that his id and money were found so far from the crash site.Very interesting from the very start a year ago.

I don't mean to be gruesome, but having lived in the Sierra Nevadas, I can tell you that there are any number of critters and varmits that would have made quick work of any remains. And, you are thinking that bones would remain, yeah, maybe, but they would have surely been dragged off and scattered willy nilly around the country side. That is why the sheriff's department is mounting a 50 person search team to scour the area working from the central crash site and outward from there. There are numerous examples of similar situations, especially in Alaska.

A far-fetched thought. Since there is no trace of any body parts or body traces in the immediate area. Parachuting out within 20 miles or more to an awaiting vehicle? And why?

>Hi Kevin.>Have you seen the pics? Unless he is / was a fly and managed>to get out before impact, not much / many of the remains will>be found. I've seen these kind of full speed into terrain>before, our bodies are just not designed for that kind of>impact. >RIP, he was definitely a pioneer in many respects. TV>News update now is that remains have been found at the crash site.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Guest Staggerwing

With the current state of forensic science, they should be able to say if a person was in the aircraft when it crashed. Doesn't seem to take very much of a sample to get information these days.Edit; Just read that FoxNews link again and see that they DID find body parts at the crash site as Kevin says... missed that before.