Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

trouble with wingflex

Guest nextlevelgfx

Hey there...I got stuck into a problem with my A380...I've got one wing fully animated with all flaps/slats and so on. Everything with normal local rotate/move keys. Works perfekt... but now I wanna apply wingflex. Now that I look at the SDK I see that I need to create a bone system with skin. I did that... created a small bones rig for the wing, applied skin to all parts. The wing flexes correctly but all the animations and everything is getting messed up! What shall I do to get it working? I tried to do it also the hard way like in the SDK's DC3:Create smaller bones for the animated parts and attach them to the main flex bones. However, that works better but messes everything up again - in another way... Not smooth transitions and everything looks crippeled.Is there a way to apply flex without loosing the complex wing animations and everything?this is what the model looks like... as you can see, there is lots of animated stuff on the wing :(a3%38%30_external_103.jpg

Guest Patrick_Waugh

You have to "flex" everything, not just the wing.For detailed help on this, I'd post on the AVSIM forum where there are modelers who can help.Patrick

Guest nextlevelgfx

Oh okay and where to post then? I though I'd be right here...oh yeah I know, I need to flex everything. Thats why I've applied the skin modifier on all parts. Also the animated ones. Envelopes look okay... but it messes everything up anyways :( I have also tried to set the wing animations to 0-100 and the wingflex from 100-200... no success either :(

Guest Patrick_Waugh

My mistake.For some weird reason, I thought I made the above post on HoverControl.com, and was telling you to post here, as I know there are people here that have done this.You are in the right spot, my appologies.Maybe a better picture of a problem area? I think other's here probably can help better than I in this area, but it was hard (for me at least) to see what the problem might be from the pic you posted above, although I understand what you saying.Patrick

Patrick, the problem is easy to spot if you look at the leading edge slats in the picture. As the wing "flexes UP," the slats remain stationary. They are not responding to the movement of the wing.Of course, without a bone system of their own, how could they flex?I don't have any answers myself, but at least I understand the question... ;)The chief problem - as always is the case - is that there's no "instructions" on how to use IK Solver for FSX models. Too many "presuppositions" are made regarding the modeler's knowledge and skills. *:-*

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator