Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

FO window in FSX ?

Hi,I'm trying to create an F/O window for my panel in FSX. Creating the window is easy of course but I want the window to be shown like the main CPT window, so with the outside view moved up (so you can see the runway etc.). I tried including the ident for the F/O window in the VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS list etc... but to no avail. Can anyone help me out here ?[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=10000, 10023, 10003This is the window entry for the FO panel:[Window08]file=fo_flood.bmp file_1024=fo_flood.bmp size_mm=1280window_size_ratio=1.000 position=6visible=0ident=10023window_size= 1.000, 0.677window_pos= 0.000, 0.323zorder=0Thx Bj

simcheck_sig_banner_devteam.jpg

Bj

I notice that your "main window" seems to be using a custom ident of 10000. This is incorrect:"There should be a MAIN_PANEL for every aircraft, otherwise other panels may not be rendered correctly."Try:VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL, 10023, 10003

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill,Yes this is one of the things I tried to get it to work. But it didn't help, on the other hand even with number 10000 the main window still shows correctly...Bj

Bj

Well, I know that it CAN be done...Compare these WindowXX header entries from the default C172:{Window00]file_1024=cessna_172_background.bmpfile_1024_night=cessna_172_background_night.bmpsize_mm=640position=7visible=1no_luminous=1ident=MAIN_PANELzorder=0windowsize_ratio=1.000window_pos=0.0,0.0window_size=1.000,1.000view_window_rect=0,0,8192,4000//--------------------------------------------------------{Window03]file_1024=cessna_172_ifr_background.bmp file_1024_night=cessna_172_ifr_background_night.bmp size_mm=640position=7visible=0ident=MAIN_PANEL_ALT1no_luminous=1zorder=1view_window_rect=0,0,8192,1200{Window04]file_1024=cessna_172_landing_background.bmpfile_1024_night=cessna_172_landing_background_night.bmpsize_mm=640visible=0no_luminous=1ident=MAIN_PANEL_ALT2windowsize_ratio=1.000position=7zorder=2view_window_rect=0,0,8192,4900 Notice that all three of these "alternate panels" have "zorder=X" entries, and that the base window (MAIN_PANEL) begins with zero.This "zorder" flag is the "KEY" to success. Every WindowXX entry that has the flag will be "layered" with the 3d Main Panel outside view!

Fr. Bill    

Bill,I added the MAIN_PANEL_ALT1 last night and that was the thing that made it happen. Now I have to see how I can manipulate opening the window by code...Thx for the help,Bj

Bj

>Bill,>>I added the MAIN_PANEL_ALT1 last night and that was the thing>that made it happen. Now I have to see how I can manipulate>opening the window by code...Please note that it is the zorder= entry that provides the magic, not the ident= name or number of the panel...As long as your FO panel is among the first 9 window entries, you would open it using the same system as in FS9, by using the "number" of the panel in the event:2 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)

Fr. Bill