I'm very sad to inform our community that Ron Freimuth has died a few weeks ago. Considering his contribution to the FS Flight dynamics knowledge, this is a cruel loss. I make the wish we will never forget what he taught us. I also hope AVSIM will announce this sad event in its news.God rest his soulHerv

I am very very sorry to hear this.Ron and I have been chatting about planes, engines and FDE for a long long time. Before the payware frenzie, before the whole FS world was filled with "offerings" by a lot of talented people but also some people charging for absolutely garbage. He was so encouraged by, and so very helpful to, the new talented generation and so stoic and patient about the "rest".Being a fellow engineer himself (retired) these discussions were more than interesting and always departing from FS to pistons and blades and valves and airfoils (and, forgot, Abbot and Denhoff's bible).For those of you that have any of his work you can be sure that he spent hours and hours in his den in Texas tweaking and modelling and more tweaking and re-modelling over and over until everything was up to his very high standards.Ron, Good bye my friend and may God rest your very kind soul.Vangelis===================================== E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

I'm very sad to know that Ron passed away.He was a great person, always willing to help anyone that got caught in the difficulties of FS aerodynamics and its related stuff. I've exchanged quite a lot of emails with him, and his concepts definitely helped me out on my understanding (at least a bit) of the FDE mystery.Even I had the privilege to receceive a copy of his famous Jet Test gauges, a must for anyone that works with aircraft data. Those have now become his legacy to me.Reast in peace, my friend, and God bless your soul.Tom

Guest Douglas K

In correspondence over the years Ron was unfailingly helpful with the thornier issues I experienced with MSFS flight dynamics. His knowledge on the subject was immense, widely circulated and most appreciated. I also found him to be well versed in all things mechanical, electrical, and electronic, and we had great fun reminiscing about such diverse subjects as real world aviation adventures, motorcycles, engines of all types, and other subject matter from A to Z. His inputs and opinions on all things Microsoft from MSFS to Vista were also fascinating and informative, and always cut through the BS and hype. He was a gentleman and a scholar, and he will be missed - but never forgotten.Douglas

A few times we mailed about problems and i also extensively use a copy of his jetfiles.I am sure he is now in discussion with the angels about their wings and aerodynamics.Probably they teach him something totally new.Thanks Ron and God bless.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest jcomm

This is one of the worst news I have had in the last few years! Ron was a friend, a teacher, the most patient guy to support my stupid FM queries without giving away.I confess I was starting to think something strange had happened. Ian Kerr and me were trying to reach him for quite a long while.My last message exchange with Ron is probably 1 month old. After that I was never able to reach him again. My other side - one that has allways made me a strong believer that there is certainly more to it than our short stay on Earth - makes me wish that he has already found his new track accross his evolution patern!We will all miss him, but he will allways be among us - I am SURE!

A great loss to the FS community and his family. God speed Ron.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night sweet prince,And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.Daryl ShuttleworthLevel-D SimulationsSupport & Documentation

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Ron's immense contribution to the FS community must never be forgotten.Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domineet lux perpetua luceat eis.Fr. Bill+

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

This is the worst news for the aircraft developers in FS community, ever.May God bless Ron and his family.

Gustavo Rodrigues - Brazil

This is truly a tragedy and a personal shock to me. My deepest condolences go out to his family. A great man has passed.Ron was brilliant and always very willing to try to pass on some of his vast knowledge of flight dynamics to novices like me. He was a huge help to me and many others in understanding flight dynamics modelling in the context of MSFS. Always patient, and always willing to repeat concepts until they sank in to my thick skull :-)He will be missed by many. Godspeed Ron!Wade ChafeLevel-D Simulations

Guest LFMNboy

I have been in the FS community for a very short time now, but one of the first person you hear about is Ron.He really is a LEGEND!This is a huge loss for all of us...We'll never forget his tremendous knowledge and his devotion to help the FS community.My thougts go to his family.May you rest in peace dear Ron...LFMNboy

Goodbye Ron, and thanks for what you gave. We WILL miss you. Paul

Paul EGLD