Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Move Eye POV To Right and Back in Second Open Window

I'm not sure if this post belongs here because I'm not "designing" a panel but I thought this would be the best place to start -- I really apologize if I'm once again in the wrong place. Question: Can someone tell me what values in panel.cfg(?) I need to change in order to move my eyepoint to the right and back a little in a second open window? The primary window (forward looking) view point is just fine.Problem: I'm flying the default Baron 58 in FS2004 using 2D panels in WideView and I have everything configured almost perfectly between my 3 flat panels monitors and 2 computers except my 45 degree to the right view. I'm spanning my server computer (which is my "strongest" computer) over two monitors and I have set my right hand view to the default "45 degree Right Forward View" by using the WideView Control Panel, but the eye point of view on that window is actually set out over and slightly forward of the left wing someplace, past the left engine, and nowhere near the pilot's seat. (See screen shot attached.) Because of this no amount of zooming in and out or repositioning will allow me to properly align the horizon and foreground properly -- the perspective from the current POV is just all wrong.Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.Chuck B.

Since I've gotten no responses to this question, for now I've done the following and it seems to work. I set the WideView Control panel 2D view directional settings on both computers to "Forward" view, start up FS2004 and then:1) Open a second window on the server, move and resize it to the second monitor, and then pan it's view to the right, manually adjusting the angle and height with my flight yoke's hat switch the best I can.2) I then open FS9 on my second computer, and do the same with the single monitor on that system, only with the left 45 degree view angle.The problem with this solution is it's easy to lose track of which window is selected and if I use the hat switch to look around or behind me (which I usually do with the forward looking monitor, because I can always easily reset it by hitting the space bar) I lose my careful alignment and have to pause the flight and to readjust as best I can.In the meantime, if anyone can answer my original question I'd greatly appreciate your help.Thanks, best regards and smooth skies,Chuck B.

Although it's a uniquely American holiday, this entire "4th of July" week seems to have taken a lot of folks away from posting...AFAIK though, there is no way to "permanently" set the viewpoint for an alternate window.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator