Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Move Sound Scheme from One A/C to Another

I two different versions of a Dash 8 - one I love the sounds on, the other I love the level of detail.Can someone tell me if it's difficult and what I have to do to copy the sound scheme over from one to the other? I've been comparing sound.cfg files, but even with backing up I'm a little nervous to just start cutting and pasting without knowing a thing about it.Thanks in advance to the group.Chuck B.

Hi,You have Dash-A located at:Aircraft /Dash-A/ model panel sound textureand Dash-B at:Aircraft /Dash-B/ model panel sound textureIf you want Dash-B to have the sound of Dash-A you can proceed as follows:Rename the sound directory of Dash-B to: sound.Band copy the complete sound directory of Dash-A into Dash-B.You will have now:Aircraft /Dash-B/ model panel sound sound.B extureIf you don't want so many sound files, you can delete them all from the sound, not sound.B(!), directory, except the sound.cgf.Open this file with Notepad.exe, delete all text and add:{fltsim} brackets! (They don't show up in the forum)alias=Dash-AsoundThis should work, no harm done!Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Thanks a lot, Jan -- I'll give it a try!Chuck.