Sign in to follow this  
pve

Timer for bitmap show in sequence

Hi all XML FS9 Need to show 10 bitmaps over 3 or less seconds. Will use case with an L:var. How can I code to show them smoothly in sequence.

Paul EGLD

Hi Paul,Personally, I don't use structures with more than 2-3 bitmaps anymore (unless they are really big ones). Instead, I use only one image with the whole sequence included, and a command to select which one to show. This saves quite a number of resources, less bmps to load on init, less code to write, and only one bmp in the folder is easy to manipulate.Now, about your question, why don't you try with a simple counter? For example, taking roughly 18 as a second/hz unit, you can change bitmaps every 5 cycles for a total of 50 cycles/10 bmps, or almost 3 seconds.Tom

Hello Tom The bitmaps do not rotate or shift they change color so I need to show all of them. I have not used the the tick before and don't know how to code it(I think it can go in update ?) Thanks Paul

Paul EGLD

> The bitmaps do not rotate or shift they change color so I>need to show all of them.>I wish I could understand what you want to achieve...> I have not used the the tick before and don't know how to>code it(I think it can go in update ?)>It's very simple, something like this: (YourLVar) ++ d 50 <= * d (>YourLVar) 5 div BMP0BMP1.....BMP10 Tom

Tom The code works OK, I now need a switch to start the timer and reaching 10 it stops. Then with the switch I can start the timer and goes back to 0. The code is for light bitmap to get brighter. Thanks Paul

Paul EGLD