Sign in to follow this  
G.Franco Corrias

Three positions Dummy selector

(L:Flt Dir Sel,enum)Flight_Director_Selector(L:Flt Dir Sel,enum)- 1!= if{(L:Flt Dir Sel,enum) 1 -(>L:Flt Dir Sel,enum)}(L:Flt Dir Sel,enum)+ 1!= if{(L:Flt Dir Sel,enum) 1 +(>L:Flt Dir Sel,enum)}After two days of useless attempts I was induced to surrender.This is an intended Dummy Flight Director computer Selector.Dummy because within FS9 there's only one Flight Director,moreover the panel is only for the left position.I would like to have a switchable selector with green lights(included in the three bitmaps) indicating which is the selected Flight Director computer to give more realty to simulation.I went to www.fs2x.com/tutorial but none three positions selector isdiscussed.Within FS9 I found only the GAUGE_FUEL_SELECTOR as three positions selector but using the related HELPID the gauge still not working.Any help will be appreciated.Regards G.Franco

Hi,A little bit different, but when you get used to it you gonna like it, use left and right mouse button:One clickspot:(M:Event) 'LeftSingle' scmp 0 == if{ (L:Flt Dir Sel,enum) 1 - -1 max (>L:Flt Dir Sel,enum) } (M:Event) 'RightSingle' scmp 0 == if{ (L:Flt Dir Sel,enum) 1 + 1 min (>L:Flt Dir Sel,enum) } By increasing or decreasing max and min you can have multi-position switches as many as you want.In your code you miss or have to much a lot of spaces.Rewritten:(L:Flt Dir Sel,enum) -1!= if{ (L:Flt Dir Sel,enum) 1 - (>L:Flt Dir Sel,enum) }(L:Flt Dir Sel,enum) 1!= if{ (L:Flt Dir Sel,enum) 1 + (>L:Flt Dir Sel,enum) }Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

hi,tanks for the help but in both cases the gauge still not working.A little step has been made:now with my rewritten code the clicks are working(little hands +&- are visible in the click area) but the bitmaps still not appearing at all.Thanks again G.Franco

Ok,Strange, should work, but try something like:(L:Flt Dir Sel,enum)etc.or:(L:Flt Dir Sel,enum)etc.or:(L:Flt Dir Sel,enum)etc.Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Hi,I tryied all three suggestions but without result:bitmaps still not appearing.Just for curiosity in all your three possibility ImageSizes are missing.Do you forgot to insert it or it was wanted?G.Franco

Hi,ImageSizes is not functioning and so not necessary anymore in fs9.Here is an example of a working 3 way switch from my panel, passengers sign, off, auto and on.Hope you can do something with it:...(L:seatbelts,enum)......Seatbelts Sign Off0 (>L:seatbelts,enum)Seatbelts Sign Auto1 (>L:seatbelts,enum)Seatbelts Sign On2 (>L:seatbelts,enum) Translated for your gauge:...(L:seatbelts,enum)......FD Switch Off0 (>L:Flt Dir Sel,enum)FD Switch Left1 (>L:Flt Dir Sel,enum)FD Switch Right2 (>L:Flt Dir Sel,enum) Tested this one too in my panel and it is working:(L:Flt Dir Sel,enum)FD Switch(M:Event) 'LeftSingle' scmp 0 == if{ (L:Flt Dir Sel,enum) 1 - -1 max (>L:Flt Dir Sel,enum) } (M:Event) 'RightSingle' scmp 0 == if{ (L:Flt Dir Sel,enum) 1 + 1 min (>L:Flt Dir Sel,enum) } Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Hallelujah Hallelujah !after four days I found how is deep my stupidity.I like to explicate my error for inexperienced .XML people like me.The code was right(and always it's the first accused) but I renamed wrongly the .bmp:instead of "RIGHT,MID,LEFT" I named the bmpRIGHT.bmp,MID.bmp,LEFT.bmp.It's a sneaky error because in the code the bmp names appear .bmp and it's difficult to find this error specially when all your suspicions are for the code.Anyway I thanks Jan for his patience to help me and I suggest to advice in the tutorials for this possible error all beginners.G.Franco