Sign in to follow this  
Guest ridgell

developing new aircraft.

Guest inflames

I have an idea and drawings with performance specs for a new utility STOL aircraft, similar to twin otter. I would like to Model this and fly it in FS9 or FSX. Is this possible. If it is who can do it, or how can i do it? thanks

Guest ridgell

howdy! i hate to see posts go unanswered...so;unless someone decides to take up your project (imho unlikely) download the microsoft flightsim SDKs (software developers kit) which in the case of FSX is on the disk.you need to learn how to build a plane in gmax, or use one of the commercially available programs to simplify that task to create your plane's model. you will need to build an airfile containing all the aerodynamics, and build a panel which is the wiring and guts as well as the interface of your aircraft, build all the gauges,then....gettting where i am going here? there was an old bob newhart show where howard his nieghbor walks in after getting a floor tile stuck on his refrigerator and asks jerry the dentist how he can remove it. jerry looks at him in disgust and says, howard, how in the world do you navigate an airplane? (howard being a commercial airline navigator) howard looks at jerry and says " well you open the map and you....wait a minute! if you want to be a navigator, you have to go to navigator school just like i did!seriously i would open up the aircraft folders and look at all the stuff inside....learn how it all works and you will know how to proceed. i can be done...but fair warning, it will not be a weekend project!best of luck!