Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

New model for FS2004

Guest twisted

This is my first public screen shot of the 747-8i that I've been working on for over one year now. http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1243/104684...995c51100_o.jpgIt's still a couple of weeks away from release -- if anyone would like to beta test it, please post a reply or send me an e-mail.Andy Roeschandyroesch@cox.netps, I am aware that Emirates does not have an order for the passenger version of the 747-8.

Guest FelixFFDS

In a designer's forum, it is considered proper form, when showing off a "first look" at one's Work In Progress (WIP), to say what modelling program you're using.Until I know that, I will withhold telling you that it does look like a very nicely sculpted model with no obvious discontinuities, and a nice job of texturing.p.s.: This is Flight Simulator modelling, since when have mere "facts" gotten in the way of texturing a model?

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Looks very nice.Only thing I notice is that the wings appear to have "sections" (inboard to outboard), as there is not continuous smoothing, but perhaps this is just your choice of colors.If you cannot join the parts to allow you to smooth across those visible edges, you can "unify" the normals (aligns them perfectly), and then the edge will vanish.I posted a tutorial on how to do this on Hovercontrol.com if you have never done this.Patrick

Guest twisted

Ah, yes. I use GMAX and MiddleMan. It currently has around 15,500 polygons. The wings are sectioned, thus the discontinuity. They are "flexible" wings, so there's not much I can do about keeping the normals aligned all of the time. However, I've found that in FS this discontinuity goes away for most angles of the sun. I only have them as simple landing gear suspension parts -- if someone knows how to make them "dynamic," I'm all ears. I have some code for it, but I don't know where or how to insert it in the .x file.Andy Roeschandyroesch@cox.net

> if someone knows how to make them>"dynamic," I'm all ears. I have some code for it, but I don't>know where or how to insert it in the .x file.Andy, the XML solution to this has been available at FFDS since June 24, 2004:http://www.aerodynamika.com/cgi-bin/yabb/Y...?num=1088093990This requires no modifications to the .x file(s) at all. It is all based on conditional XML script in the makemdl.parts.xml file... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator