Sign in to follow this  
Guest Douglas K

FSX Nose pitch change???

Guest hypersonic

Hi All,Am new to FSX, having recently gone from FS2002, bypassing FS2004.In FS2002, by editing the wing_twist param in the .cfg file,This would alter the overall 'pitch' that a plane would settle at for a given speed / altitude...I recently imported Meljets excellent 777-300er into FSX...Whilst flying in FS2002 it performed perfectly, climb to FL 32k with full tanks & the bird would be 'almost' level at mach .84 / .85 ... however flying in FSX, same speed, altitude & fuel.. The plane is now unlealistically flying along with the nose nearly 5 degrees up!! Editing the "wing_twist" param in the cfg file in FS2002 (negative numbers pitched the nose up, positive numbers pitched the nose down) Used to do the trick.Editing this param in FSX seems to NOT have ANY affect at all!!? - Even using silly numbers like +12 or -12...So in a nutshell, what can be editied in either the .cfg or the .air file now that alters the pitch of the pane in FSX, that in FS2002 used to be the 'wing_twist' param?CheersHyper

Er, for what it's worth, tubeliners do fly around 4-5

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest hypersonic

Hi N4gix,Thanks for the responce.... but this is not the point...Let me make it even simpler, why or what is the difference in FSX that when an aircraft is added from FS2002 that used to behave (pitch-wise) in a certain way in FS2002, NOW flys differently in FSX, when NO edits have been made to the .cfg or .air files.Basically the aircraft is behaving differently to how it used to. WHAT needs to be edited to alter the pitch moment for an aircraft? - it used to be the param mentioned above... if it is not this now, what is it in FSX?I'm not asking on a commentry on how aircraft fly in the real world.... just how to edit the pitch in FSX.CheersHyper

Let me try to make my point more clear then.Why they fly differently in FSX isn't the real issue at all, since they are now flying correctly.Why would you want to regress the FDE to an unrealistic state? Just so it will be broken like it has been all along?

Fr. Bill    

Guest jcomm

Should you have imported it to fs9, you would have the very same "problem"...Between fs2k2 and fs9, ported now to fsX, the wing incidence and wing twist parameters are no longer effective - allways assumed to be 0 deg!!!So... you'll have to manually set table 404, and preferably 473 as well (Cm vs. Body AoA) applying a "SHIFT" to overcome the difference of body AoA caused by your wing incidence parameter in the AIRCRAFT.CFG being now ignored...A mess :-|

>I'm not asking on a commentry on how aircraft fly in the real>world.... just how to edit the pitch in FSX.You made this statement in your first post, "The plane is now unlealistically flying along with the nose nearly 5 degrees up!!"I politely tried to disabuse you of the notion that such behavior is "unrealistic."

Fr. Bill    

Guest Douglas K

>>>>So in a nutshell, what can be editied in either the .cfg or the .air file now that alters the pitch of the pane in FSX, that in FS2002 used to be the 'wing_twist' param?<<<

Guest jcomm

>>One final note, using any of the above, I

Guest Douglas K

>>>>Not important if you couldn't care less about stall characteristics of your aircraft If you do, and would like to tune things as far as MSFS allows for it, including acceptable accelerated stall behaviour, don't neglect it<<<

Guest hypersonic

Many thanks for your replies Douglas..I'll give it a whirl... I do have AirED...Hyper (Al)

Guest Douglas K

>>>> Many thanks for your replies Douglas..<<<