Sign in to follow this  
Varmint007

Multi-player parts behavior

Quick question here, hoping I don't have to do a build to find out:Regarding multi-player and makemdl parts (FS9). Clearly custom variables do not work, but do ANY parts that are not STOCK animations work? For example will custom keyframed animations work as long as they only use simulation variables?Thanks!--Jon

Guest 67C VJPL

To date the only common part animations ( IE both player use same model ) are the control surfaces and gear parts , landing light partsare another possible avenue .

Hi,Well I'm actually asking about the level of customization possible by way of makemdlparts for multi-player. Do I HAVE to use l_aileron (stock animation with no keyframes and no makemdl code) in order to have it show up on another aircraft in MP.Or will this more flexible keyframed (A:Var version) work as well:blah...(A:AILERON LEFT DEFLECTION PCT,percent)0100..blahWhere as I KNOW that this will not work because it uses an L:Var.blah...(L:MY AILERON LEFT,percent)...blahIn a nutshell will custom parts and animations work in multi-player so long as they DON'T use L:vars?The reason I ask is because I have some complex animations (i.e. ailerons with hydraulic and spoileron mixing) set up and they don't work if passed L:vars. If they'll work in MP as custom animations but restricted to A:vars I can probably live with it, but I'm not sure they will? The only reason I'm posting this is because I don't have ready access to a multi-player testing.Anyways, appreciate any insight here...ThanksJon

Jon, all the variables are are "multi-player compatible" are indicated as such in the far right column of the E:FSX_SDKSDKCore Utilities KitVariablesSimulation Variables.html document.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ah thanks, Bill. I was actually working with FS9, but if there are ANY variables that do work, then that answers the major part of my question regarding the use of custom animations; they should work so long a they use "compatible" variables.Thanks,--Jon