Sign in to follow this  
Guest Patrick_Waugh

Guage Problems

Guest frenchy124

I have downloaded a few planes for fSX and I'm getting guage errors. they were supposed to be for fsx but they seem to still be using fs9 guages. How can I fix this problem I can't find any guages for these planes, and Ive been tring to do it myself but I don't know what files to change. Could some one Please help.P.S. is any one working on a FS9 to FSX file converter

Guest Patrick_Waugh

FS9 gauges are, in fact, 100% compatible with FSX, if programed properly within the limits of the MS SDK. However, many are programed with creative features beyond the SDK, and this can result in problems as there are differences in FSX.Your best bet is to contact the author for support, especially if the gauges is a compile .gau or .dll, as there is no way for you to change it without the source code and a compiler.If the gauge is an XML gauge, you might be able to edit it, if you have enough knowledge and some time.There is no way to "convert" a gauge from FS9 to FSX except to re-compile it from source after making appropriate coding changes. Again you would need to contact the gauge author.Patrick

Guest frenchy124

I'm getting individual errors of guages, like 737-400 airspeed,737-400 altimeter. I get this error for the guages, "this guage was created for fs98 or earlier it is no longer supported, 737-400 airspeed". So Im assuming that the owner of the file either used the wrong referance for the guage in the creation of the aircraft.Also I get an error for two of the aircraft that state this "there are multiple objects with the same name title, they must have unique title name", Jetranger Bell206b and Lockhead stealth, I've checked each one and each file seems to all have different names

Guest Patrick_Waugh

FS98 gauges (distributed with many FS9 aircrat) are not compatible or supported in FSX.