Sign in to follow this  
Guest Patrick_Waugh

where am i ???

Guest ridgell

is there some method to determine (from an aircraft gauge) where i am starting from .... active runway or parking ramp ? my thought is to cold start from the apron and hot start from the active. tried to use (A:surface type,enum) but the results were unsatisfactory.

Hi Ridgell,I would try doing calls to :WaypointAirportCurrentRunway WaypointAirportRunwayLatitudeWaypointAirportRunwayLongitudeCombined with aircraft LatLon position, measuring an acceptable offset that would be considered of being on the rwy instead of gate/apron.Tom

Guest ridgell

yes..long as the apron is far enough from the runway. that solution reeks of many tests to gauge tolerances.......but it is something. thx

Hmmm...actually should be short and simple to code:First, determine whether rwy latlon corresponds with its center or rather its treshold (I'm not sure which is).Suppose it's the treshold, knowing rwy longitude and bearing, determine latlon coordinates for the opposite treshold. Knowing rwy width, find latlon for each one of the four points that form the rwy boundary. Finally, compare whether your a/c position falls among that boundary, and that's it :-)Tom

Guest ridgell

hmmm, bearing alone might be all i need. but i would love to know how to input an icao and get a lat-lon from geocalc (presuming geocalc)

Guest Patrick_Waugh

YOU are here ---> ( X )I couldn't resist. :)