Sign in to follow this  
Guest fbnweoghnwd

Saab 340

I have no expertise in panel design so would value help/advice to sort out this problem.I am using Mike Stones freeware version of the Saab 340 in FS9/XP Pro. It flies beautifully, as you would expect from this stable, but the panel is not the best. In particular the HSI is tiny and hard to read. Can anyone suggest either an alternative panel for this plane, or a custom HSI which I could insert into the existing panel. I have no idea if this is possible. The main thing is to get a panel which I can read and which is reasonably prototypical. Thanks.John

Supporter.png

John

Guest fbnweoghnwd

You could always scale up the size of the existing HSI, assuming there's room to accomodate the new size and it works with the layout. Just alter the size in the Panel.cfg. The numbers are pixel values that represent, respectively, X screen coordinate, Y screen coordinate, width, and height. Example: gauge10=Cessna170!HSI, 132,505,37,37-Mick

Thanks, Mick, but I don't think this would work. Although the HSI is the worst, the entire panel is hard to read. The nav and com frequencies are almost impossible! So, I think I need a new panel. Any suggestions as to which one and how to install?

Supporter.png

John

Guest fbnweoghnwd

That's a pretty complicated layout. It would be good if all designers made their 2D panels extend beyond the screen so you could drag it were you need it, but that's not always the case. You might be better off flying in the VC, and zooming in to the appropiate area as needed.