Sign in to follow this  
pve

Store a GPS value FS9

Hi all In click (@c:IcaoSearchCurrentIcao) (>@c:WaypointAirportICAO) (@c:WaypointAirportRunwayLatitude,degrees) gives runway lat to display from airport ICAO search in GPS. If I put in another search for say airport fequencies I lose the lat display. Is there a way to store the lat display

Paul EGLD

Paul,Why don't you save (@c:WaypointAirportRunwayLatitude,degrees) into a Local Var ? (For example, (L:Latitude, degrees))Return values from gps variables are affected by their current index.I didn't test SearchICAO too much but assume could be your case.Tom

Hi Tom Tried that, (>@c:WaypointAirportRunwayLatitude,degrees) (L:Latitude, degrees) (>L:Latitude, degrees) then the string. When you clear the ICAOsearch (@c:WaypointAirportRunwayLatitude,degrees) goes to zero and so does the string. I just need to send the lat. value to a Lvar and store it without it changing. Paul

Paul EGLD

Paul, you should assign:(@c:WaypointAirportRunwayLatitude,degrees) (>L:Latitude, degrees)Obviously, you first do the searchICAO, which does an internal update to (@c:WaypointAirportRunwayLatitude,degrees) as well, then do the stated above.Then you can use (L:Latitude, degrees) in any other part of your code.Tom

Hi Tom The problem was trying to do the search and the display in the same click. Thanks for the clue. I'll have try a different way to code it, I don't think it can all be done in one click. Paul

Paul EGLD