Sign in to follow this  
taguilo

XML to CC gauge

Hi all Does a CC gauge have the equivalent of L:vars in XML and is it possible to change them from a XML gauge. ie. CC gauge shows non FS variable information say PFD speed tape V speed numbers. Can you find the CC variable and change the numbers with an XML gauge and if so how. Oh and I don't know anything about CC code.

Paul EGLD

Hi Paul,I understand you are talking about C++ gauges?The interaction between XML code gauges and a custom C++ DLL is the greatest thing included in FSX SDK. For example, it enables you to assign string data to local ("Custom" actually) variables shared amongst the entire gaugeset.I see this as the future of panel developing, both freeware and payware.Tom

> Does a CC gauge have the equivalent of L:vars in XML and>is it possible to change them from a XML gauge. ie. CC gauge>shows non FS variable information say PFD speed tape V speed>numbers. Can you find the CC variable and change the numbers>with an XML gauge and if so how. Paul, I've covered this topic extensively here:"Sending/Receiving C variable(s) <=> XML variable(s)..."http://forums.flightsim.com/dc/dcboard.php...sg_id=233&page=

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for the pointers guys I will look at both, Is finding the custom variables name in a compiled C++ gauge possible. Paul

Paul EGLD

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Paul, > I will look at both, Is finding the custom variables name>in a compiled C++ gauge possible. A variable used/created in a C++ gauge is only available to an XML gauge if the programmer allows it to be as outlined in the tutorials Bill has mentioned. Read those, and it should answer your questions.Patrick

Hello Patrick I was't clear, I was asking about looking in an existing c++ gauge for the variable name. I know you can't do that so I will have to do it another way. Paul

Paul EGLD

> I will look at both, Is finding the custom variables name>in a compiled C++ gauge possible. Not directly, but indirectly. Doug Dawson's "XML_ID.gau" will display all the custom variables (L:var type) in use at any given time.You can discover which L:vars are available and by process of elimination learn the names of the L:vars used by any "new" gauge you've installed. ;)

Fr. Bill    

Bill Thanks I can try that, had a look through the library under Dawson with no luck is it still availible somewhere. Paul

Paul EGLD

Here it is. I guess he never uploaded it anywhere...The usage is simple:gauge00=xml_id!xml_id, 0,0,700,100Click on the left half of the display to decrement the listClick on the right haof of the display to increment the listIt will display ONE L:var at a time, as well as the current value.I am actually using the gauge right now as an aid in developing and testing XML <=> C gauge and model interactions... ;)

Fr. Bill