Sign in to follow this  
Guest fbnweoghnwd

Parts not showing

Hello every one looking for a bit of helpI have been working on a victa airtourer model for some time now and i am having a bit of trouble with the export. I am using 3DSmax 8 and exporting to a .x file which I am then compiling with makeMDL for FS9. The problem i am having is that when i compile the model and load it in FS9 95% of the parts become invisible (its not alway whole parts sometimes some polys of the fuselage show). The problem it is not that the normals have invented as i have fixed those problems and this only occur if all the parts are linked under a dummy object or grouped together. If the model is unlinked or ungrouped then the model shows up fine but i cant adjust the global pivot point. YThe same problem occurs if i move the model into Gmax and export from there.The model is unanimated and is 57537 polysAny help on this would be greatly appreciatedCheersPaul

Thats a little strange to see with 3DS8 , last time i did see thismyself was when i still used Gmax and FilghtSims '' parts visible test '' was making elements vanish and on occasion when the parts were untextured, if you dont use the non animimated part names listed in the sdk for visibility this won't happen.There may be something in creating a new node at 0 0 0 with a box this time and then resetting the transform , converting to mesh and linking your bits to their new boss.For what its worth if you reset the tranform of all parts you build when first created their orientations will be the same in FS and you almost eliminate animation bugs.I hope you get it fixed and should you need further info there is a great deal of modeling experience to be gleaned through the search engine at the FFDS Forums along with tutorials that may help http://www.aerodynamika.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi

Thanks for the reply but i think i have it sorted i tried your suggestion and didn't have any luck, however i am using pandasofts x exporter plugin for 3DS and i found a setup guide for it to work correctly with MakeMDL so i tweeked a couple of the export settings and it seems to be working ok now :). this completely removes my dependence on Gmax :)Thanks for helpPaul

Guest fbnweoghnwd

>this completely removes my dependence on Gmax :)That's a nice feeling, isn't it?