Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

The old guy

I was looking at a picure of a guy sitting on the left seat of a 777. Someone commented that for the guy on the left seat it must be like watching paint dry. You could see the want to be commanding the whole flight. I was flying between two points and the computer was running the flight. I lost situational awareness as to where I was. Had to get it all back again to fly the flight as I want to do.Long live the RFP747WellJimCYWG

"Ummmmmm......Ok."Any particular reason you had to add that comment ten days after the original post? Sometimes it's better just to let things slide, don't you think?

Getting back to the original post...I actually get a kick out of watching computer/GPS controlled auto-pilots fly a flight plan. In our experimental/kitbuilt/homebuilt world; we install these units which are high tech solid state devices. Sometimes, I'd just as soon see the controls and flight surfaces move on there own, as I'm expecting a turn while looking at the GPS or sectional. After making initial adjustments during the test flight phase, it's rather satisfying to see it all work.L.Adamson