Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Admin Access - posting on threads

Firstly, I would like to apologise for posting a question under the XML FAQ thread. I did not see Mr leamings bold post at the time I posted my question, however when I did several days later, the system would not allow me to delete or edit the post.Secondly, If Mr Leaming has some admin authority on the forum, maybe he could delete the offending post and the others above it. Even locking the thread may be a good idea if plebs aren't to post there.Thirdly, I would like to sincerely thank the gents who post constructively, trying to help those less understanding of Panel design. It is good to see that there are a few guys willing to offer constructive assistance to dumbies. I'm a learner, and I appreciate the ability to come to a forum and ask for help. I am not prefect and often make mistakes that I cannot correct due to administrator rights, etc.

Sean (Brisbane, Australia)

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2904 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s) OPSYS Windows 11 Homex64 Application Lockheed Martin P3Dv4

Unfortunately, I do not have Admin rights here, so cannot do that. I just happened to see your question posted and realized that it would likely never get answered...So, without further ado, here are some answers...First, understand that there are two completely seperate "lists" of names used for all gauges, whether XML or C:1. "Read Variables" FS9 SDK - Parameters.doc for XMLFS9 SDK - TokenVar.doc for CFSX SDK - Simulation Variables.html (both XML and C)These variables use different prefixes to denote the type of data contained: A: most sim dataE: environmental variablesP: program data (rarely used)In XML gauge scripts these will be used mostly in structures.2. "Key Events"FS9 SDK - EventIDs.doc (both XML and C)FSX SDK - Event IDs.htm (both XML and C)The usual prefix for all key events is:K:event nameIn XML gauge scripts these are mostly used in the section to trigger "actions."The "key" to success in writing gauge code is to keep these two name lists seperated mentally, and they must be spelled correctly... :)Now, you had asked about engine starting, but I don't have access to the original question at the moment while I'm in this editor, so how about asking again here and let's help you get sorted out! :-beerchug

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator