Sign in to follow this  
Guest richie35

Navion Beta tester

Guest richie35

Hi Simmers,I have a file for a NA Navion ready for release and I need a beta tester to test the installation and performance of the aircraft prior to uploading for release. I have all the required releases of copyrighted data on file. Volunteers can contact me here and leave information on yourself so I can contact you. Appreciated any responses.For Bill Leaming: I know you are very busy that is why I have not asked but if you want to do this you are welcome.Regards,Richie35

I sent my request via email... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest moonrunner

Hi Richie,That is a beauty. I see you added wing tanks for extended range onto her. As I told you in my E-mail my family owned one of these, without the wing tanks, :-) and I grew up around the Navion. I am looking forward to flying this baby.Sincerely,Gary

Guest richie35

Hi Gary,Well right now Bill Leaming is ironing out the little problems with design and it sure is a beauty. It started out as a learning project but has progressed further. I have not built a 3D panel (interior model) for the initial release when ready but with help I hope it will get completed.I have flown the model from KONT to KSEA and it flew great, so it has about 850 to 900 NM range depending on the winds. I tried to stay with the data listed in the FAA TC and some of the differences are described in my readme document that will be with the release file.Cheers for now,Rich

Guest moonrunner

Hi Richie,Attached is a jpeg of the NA Panel that I have from the now outdated Navion. I don't know if it will help you or not but it's an attempted start.:-) The panel shape is pretty accurate comparing the Navion we had. A little modification and the addition of gauges and it may work for your bird.I have not tried to attach anything to a forum message before so lets see it this works.Gary

Guest richie35

Hi Gary,Thanks for the panel shot. See attached for the panel I have done for the aircraft. See how you like that one.I had to reduce the size of the jpg to fit the limit so I lost some of the details but it will give you some idea what it looks like.I cannot distribute some of the gauges that are called out but they are all available on this site. They are listed in the readme file in the installation.This was made using a photo from Airliners.net by Alex McMahon and it is about as close as I could get except for the autopilot which I believe is a S-Tec 55 and there is no freeware version that I could get to work. Tell me what you think. Regards,Richie

Guest moonrunner

Hi Richie,Man that panel looks great!! The throttle, mixture, and prop controls are in the correct position for the actual Navion. I can see them now after forty some years with their locking shafts and bright medium size knobs.:). I see you brought the bird into the 21st century with the center mounted Garmin. Cool! The American Navion Society should love your Navion.:) I attended their fly in in 1993 in Visalia, Ca.. My cousin flew the Navion from home in Nevada into the fly in.I am really looking forward to flying your beautiful aircraft. Maybe I will just take off and head back home. Been 32 long long years. Ah! Nostalgia!Gary

Guest richie35

Hi Gary,Hold tight for the time being and wait for the completion. I am sure it will be worth it and that the time I have put in as well as the time Bill Leaming is devoting is appreciated. I did one update that is not shown in the picture and that is the hydraulic handle. Pulling it so to speak turns the hydraulic off and on. This is explained in the instructions.I am hoping in the near future but Bill has other commitments to complete before the freeware is completed. He is correcting my mistakes in some of the design areas. I am just an novice in this arena.Regards,Richie35

Guest richie35

Gary,Contact me at richie1935@gmail.com for more info, so we don't tie up this thread any longer.Richie35