Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Gauges in DLL files in FSX do not show

Guest Frits C

After installing FSX and Acceleration I noticed that with the stock-supplied aircraft, none of the gauges are shown which are kept in a DLL file in the Gauges folder. Gauges in the CAB file are shown fine.This includes the Cessna, Bell helicopter, King Air and the Bendix King Air Radio.I am really puzzled as to why this happens and what I can do to solve this. I have tried DirectX 9 and 10, also switches of AA, but to no avail.Thanks,FritsPS: Apologies if this is the wrong forum, but I thought with so many panel designers this would be a good place.Intel Quad Core, 2Gb, Asus 8800GTS, running on 1280x1024. Vista.

I've never figured out why this happens to some few folks, but not everyone...Rename one of them to use the .gau extension and see if it shows up in the sim...If the gauge suddenly appears, it would seem you are one of the unfortunatey few... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest JeanLuc_

Out of my mind: editing the FSX.cfg file to remove all entries in the [Trusted] section. If the issue is from the new FSX licensing system, this might prove to solve it.

Guest Frits C

Good news, you pointed me in the right direction by referring to the FSX.CFG file:Indeed the trusted section contains all the dll which give me problems. I removed the entries, started FSX and a soon as I select e.g. the Cessna 172 the entries are being put back into the FSX.CFG file.This is the content of the Trusted section[Trusted]E:GamesFlight Simulator XGAUGESCessna.DLL.qcroiurrrcnaoequowcoruatbknkiukhkqzrnwqa=-2E:GamesFlight Simulator XGAUGESCessna172.DLL.rnokqbeaqweaunbnrkiibrtecobwiaknlziirazh=-2E:GamesFlight Simulator XGAUGESCessna182s.DLL.awekecthtbnzcikoozkztquohihrzurawthrluca=-2E:GamesFlight Simulator XGAUGESCessnaWAlpha.DLL.riaaiqzzzwthwcceiaurotiqaoorclbtbawbleae=-2E:GamesFlight Simulator XGAUGESBendix_King_Radio.DLL.ncroeehhhqcehhecqkwbnaztlwtlrtwlbhorrczw=-2E:GamesFlight Simulator XGAUGESBell_206B.DLL.ntkkbaenktcuknkcttiiqwlutztnkuenwnquwcbo=-2I then changed -2 into 2 at the end of each line and that did the trick!!Thanks

Thanks for reporting back! I'll have to keep that in mind for any future customers who report problems with "missing gauges" that use the .dll extension.

Fr. Bill    

It is a hash code that identifies the actual gauge code, kinda like a checksum. This prevents a different gauge with the same name (an update for instance) from being automatically accepted. It also creates a rather large cfg file for us developers as each test version of a gauge adds another entry.Fred

I'll tell ya right now Bob... you won't be able to just add your own entry for your gauges. ;)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I don't want to add any entry. I was just trying to ask what the =1 or =2 meant. Some of my dll entries are =1 and some are not. All the .gau types are all =2. Regards, Bob.

>I don't want to add any entry. I was just trying to ask what>the =1 or =2 meant. Some of my dll entries are =1 and some are>not. All the .gau types are all =2. Regards, Bob.Bob, the "1" indicates the gauge has a .dll extension. The "2" indicates the gauge has a .gau extension.The "-" sign indicates that the gauge should NOT be loaded.

Fr. Bill    

Thanks Bill. I have some gauges that say =0. I have some exe's that say =1 and some dll's that say =2. What does all this mean? Best regards, Bob.