Sign in to follow this  
jagabom

Vote With Your Money

Guest davemke757

I am tired of companies that take flight-simmers money and give nothing in return. Case-in-point: Captain Sim: possibly the worst-of-the-worst. Flight-simulator enthusiasts have an absolute passion for aviation and that passion sometimes makes us do dumb things, me included. From the day Captain Sim started selling airplanes I've bought them - the 727, 707, C130, and the 757. I bought them based on appearance and here I have to give them credit, Captain Sim airplanes are gorgeous. But once you get beyond the aesthetics Captain Sim should be ashamed.I appreciate the programming that goes into designing a flight simulator airplane and I understand fully that no flight sim airplane is going to fly like the real thing. But I don't care how long it takes a company to design an airplane or how complex the programming is - once it goes up for sale to the public - it should work. I have no sympathy for Captain Sims argument that it takes thousands of lines of code to create their products. Plenty of other designers (Level-D and Digital Aviation to name a few) have met that challenge with superb airplanes that, though they might not be perfect simulations of flight, at least seem to me to be awfully close. These companies have managed to create complex systems that actually work, and flight dynamics that make their products a pleasure to use. Captain Sim on the other hand produces airplanes with limited systems that work badly, have poor flight dynamics and, despite numerous updates and service-packs, aren

Unfortunately, it seems to be human nature to not stand on principle these days.I had a bad experience with a developers attitude for a popular FS9 product and vowed to never support that person or his product. Was hard for awhile, especially seeing some great shots of the product, but over time I realized I made the right choice.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Please - not another thread on Captain Sim, haven't we been there before ad nauseam?.

Guest j-mo

>Please - not another thread on Captain Sim, haven't we been>there before ad nauseam?.Haven't we all read responses like the above ad nauseum? C'mon now.There are always those new to the hobby who may be unaware of who to steer away from. Takes a while for some to figure out there are vendors to avoid, and how to search them out.Give the OP some slack.

There are lots of things those new to the hobby don't know, but we don't keep posting that information.

>There are always those new to the hobby who may be unaware of>who to steer away from. Takes a while for some to figure out>there are vendors to avoid, and how to search them out.>You're absolutely correct!But then I like Captain Sim............because I know what I'm getting before I buy. They truly ARE graphic artist's. It's like a fine painting. So now a "nubie" might be even farther confused..:DL.Adamson

I haven't purchased anything from the "good" Captain since the MiG-21 for FS2002, but being acquainted with their business practices from the unfortunate experiences of others in this forum, I wouldn't buy one of their products even if it was personally delivered by Heidi Klum.(Well, maybe in that case.....)John G.

John G.

Who's Heidi Klum?JimCYWG