Sign in to follow this  
Guest Albatross7107

Custom panel - how real is it?

Guest Albatross7107

Ok, this isn't about the art work... That's actually from someone else (and I can't remember / find out who!! >_< )What I'm after here is about the radio stacks. I made some other minor tweaks and corrections, but the real point is would you ever find this sort of set up? I'm covered as far as I know because there seems to have been NO standard panel for the Twin Beech, every photo, even the old ones, are always different.The layout now is - Left Side Bendix/King T50(?) Audio Panel (default FS9) Apollo SL50 GPS Bendix/King KR87 ADF Bendix/King KT76A TransponderRight side Bendix/King KX155 NAV1/COM1 Bendix/King KX155 NAV2/COM2Which of course would make it a stretch to tune the KX155s, which is why I am asking...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181990.jpg

Guest Albatross7107

"Editing Period has expired"grrr >_:(

I should think that the COM/NAV radios are likely to be accessed far more often that either the ADF or the Xpndr...I would swap their positions...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Albatross7107

~sigh~Yeah... I figured that too, it's just that they FIT this way... I can mod the background bitmap and "resize" the cavities, I was just hoping that *maybe* it happened IRL for the same reasons. I could go with apollo com/nav. I have them, and they are shorter height, but I didn't want all brand new looking radios in a 1940's panel...Thanks for the crit though! :(

Guest Albatross7107

Well I ate those AirmenBeans and in a caffeine fit I enlarged the right stack to same height as the left... :(Howzit now?Left SideBendix/King T50(?) Audio Panel (default FS9)Apollo SL50 GPSBendix/King KX155 NAV1/COM1Bendix/King KX155 NAV2/COM2Right sidePanel Dock for Garmin 295 GPSBendix/King KR87 ADFBendix/King KT76A TransponderI'm guessing this is still a VFR panel but whatever, it's not like the FS9 ATC is gonna stop you from doing a GPS IFR landing...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182014.jpg

That quite honestly looks much nicer now, not to mention "pilot friendly..." ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Albatross7107

Well thanks! I'm pretty good at editing graphics, but it's time consuming. Maybe I'll scratch build one next...