Sign in to follow this  
Guest Douglas K

trim sensitivity

Guest joeblow

hi peoples,just wondering if anyone can help me.just downloaded some of the jet city aircraft dc9's and i must say what beautiful aircraft they are.with the dc9 15 you get an almost fully clickable virtual cockpit!but,the only bug i have now is that the trim wheel sensitivity is way too sensitive.one click and the aircraft piches greatly.i have tried adjusting the elevator trim effectiveness in the air cfg file but this seems to have little effect.am i messing with the wrong line?if anyone can help please let me know as its all good to look at the aircraft but i'm reluctant to fly it as it doesn't seem realistic.i also dont want to adjust sensitivity on my yoke as this would affect all my aircraft,thatnks,joe,australia.

Hi,Pitch sensitivity can be changed in the aircrtaft.cfg file, do note that this will also have an effect on the autopilot effectiveness ! Bj

simcheck_sig_banner_devteam.jpg

Bj

There is another possible explanation to your problem:Some the panel gauges may generate key events continuously. For this reason, FS may believe the auto-repeat function is active, and consequently auto-repeat the trim key. If this happens, it amplifies the effect of a single trim key press. I already saw this on some aircrafts.If this is true, the only solution is to find and destroy the gauge that generates key events repeatedly.BTW, another to check if my explanation is valid is to change the A/P speed or A/P heading. If it changes 10 by 10 instead of 1 by 1, I am right.Eric

Guest joeblow

you make a good point.i have had this happen on some aircraft but it hasn't bothered me until this one because it is such a great model.i was thinking what controls the screw jack in this model?i don't think i will find the problem gauge but if anyone knows how to model a screw jack and or its functions please let me know.i will get to the bottom of this!

Guest Douglas K

>>>>i was thinking what controls the screw jack in this model?<<<

Guest joeblow

i have tried something like this before but found a bug with it.with the jca dc9 the trim effectivness was reduced,still not too smooth though,but the tailplane still moved in its original rate,which meant that the tailplane would max out on travel even though i neeed more trim.so you can start to see why i'm scratching my head and wondering about other causes.thanks for the input guys.

Guest Douglas K

>>>>i have tried something like this before but found a bug with it.with the jca dc9 the trim effectivness was reduced,still not too smooth though,but the tailplane still moved in its original rate,which meant that the tailplane would max out on travel even though i neeed more trim.<<<< There