Sign in to follow this  
Guest zavoq

Help with XML Clock Creation Help

Guest zavoq

First of all, let me say that I am brand spankin' new to AvSim, Gauge creation for FSX, and XML as a whole. That being said, please be patient :)I am trying to program a clock gauge that will show Universal time, and change to display Local time, Flight Time and Elapsed Time. I have made some good progress, but I am stuck on getting the correct time to display based on the G:Var1 variable. Here is my code as it stands:(G:Var1)(G:Var1) 0 ==%((P:Zulu time,hours) flr)%!02d!:%((P:Zulu time,minutes) flr 60 %)%!02d!(G:Var1) 1 ==%((P:Local time,hours) flr)%!02d!:%((P:Local time,minutes) flr 60 %)%!02d!(G:Var1) 3 == if{ (G:Var1) 3 - (>G:Var1) } els{ (G:Var1) ++ (>G:Var1) }As you can see I am using the "Visible" command to choose which text string is visible, the problem is, that it shows the Zulu time when G:Var1 == 0, but it does not show local time when G:Var == 1. It will however show local time if I make that the visible in the 0 case. So what am I missing? Why will it not show the Local time element when G:Var1 == 1?I appreciate any help you can provideThanksCharlie

Try using (G:Var1,enum) instead of just (G:Var1)...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest zavoq

Thanks for the quick response. I really appriciate your help.adding enum does not seem to have changed anything in the gauge operation.Zulu time still shows when G:Var is = to 0, but Local time does not become visible when G:Var = 1.Any other ideas?

Guest zavoq

Actually, I think I just found out what is going on. Here is the deal, and it is a new issue alltogetherIt is making it visible, it is just not redrawing the text string until something in it changes. It only updates the layers that are visible, so since I am only showing Hours and Mins, if I wait for the clock to change the mins digit, then it appears, but If I let it sit there for a couple of mins, and then go back to the Zulu time, it will still be on the numbers it was on when I switched away from it...until the min digit changes while that is visible.Does that make sense?

Guest zavoq

OK, I think that I got that issue figuresd out. I am sure that there is a better way than the way I did it, but this seems to work. I added a seconds portion to the string, but restricted the number of digits to 5 so that they dont show up. Seems to be working for the time being.Thanks for the helpCharlie