Sign in to follow this  
Guest moogman

Problem with C++ gauge being accepted as "trusted"

Guest moogman

I have made a couple C++ gauges before and never had this problem. When I load it into FS X the first time it prompts whether to run it, and to accept it as trusted software. I did both. A few minutes later I rebooted the sim, without recommpiling the gauge, and it asks me to do this again. I have tried several times now (again, without recompiling the gauge) and it does the same thing every time. No matter how many times I tell FS X to add it to the "trusted list" the message justs keeps popping up.Anyone experienced this before, and if so, is there a solution? I would be grateful for any help.Jeff

Guest zbobg

The relevant info is located in the FSX.cfg file which is found here (in Win XP):"C:Documents and SettingsBobApplication DataMicrosoftFSX"In Vista the file is in something like:ProgramDataMicrosoftFSXI don't use Vista so I'm not sure of the location.DO NOT change the FSX.cfg file located in the main FSX game folder.Make sure that the FSX.cfg file is NOT marked "read only" (in properties).In the FSX.cfg file you will find a "Trusted" section. The gauges that you have used are listed here. A "=2" at the end of a gauge entry means it IS trusted. Any other number generally means the gauge is NOT trusted. The random characters in the gauge entry is a hash that uniquely identifies a particular version of the gauge.FSX seems to be unable to change a gauge entry from NOT trusted to trusted. The same problem may occur when you answer "this session only" when asked by FSX for the gauge trust status, if you answered yes for "this session only" you may have to delete the FSX.cfg gauge entry in order to change the gauge status to trusted always.You can delete ALL the gauge entries in the "Trusted" section and simply start over. FSX will then check every gauge on every panel you load and you will give an appropriate permission. This is not so bad to do, it should only check the gauges once each and then you will be sure it is configured properly. This is a good method to use if you have lots of old entries from gauges you no longer use and have uninstalled those gauges from your panels and have possibly uninstalled those gauges from your Gauges folder.You can simply delete a gauge entry to cause FSX to ask you again if the gauge is trusted. If you have previously marked a gauge as NOT trusted (and you want to change that to trusted) you may have to delete the gauge entry in the FSX.cfg file which will cause FSX to ask you again.It is also a good thing to occasionally make a simple copy of the FSX.cfg file (in the same folder) when you have all of its settings properly configured.

Guest moogman

Tnx for the reply.Yes I checked all these steps, and also, tried deleting them all. It still does the same thing. Kind of stumped here.Anybody?Jeff