Sign in to follow this  
bcs112

DirectSound doesn't play after panel reload (FSX) ?

Just out of curiosity, and for anyone who may be having the same issue, it would be helpful to post the solution.Fred

Hey Fred,I'm not sure if many people will be facing the same problem but here is what I did. In my multigauge setup I use "module_init" and "module_deinit" for doing all kinds of things that only need to be done once, like initializing and loading the sound files. The big advantage of using this method is that these sections are always performed when the gauge is loaded. So you don't have to worry if the individual subgauge that holds the sound stuff is loaded or not (hope you see what I'm trying to say).And using this technique the sound stuff worked just fine when it was loaded the first time, but when you try to reload the panel for some reason directsound runs out of memory. The way to solve the problem is to move the sound away from the module sections and back into the gauge. Which is off course opposite to what I wanted to do in the first place.The sound must be initialized (InitDirectSound) in the PANEL_SERVICE_PRE_INITIALIZE section and unloaded in the PRE_KILL section.Bj

simcheck_sig_banner_devteam.jpg

Bj