Sign in to follow this  
Herbie63

Throttle disconect xml autopilot autothrottle

Hi fellows, Here is something special, hopefully someone has a solution for:I'm currently building a kind of autopilot (XML gauge) to drive the throttles depending on preset values. Everything works fine with this exeption:I assigned the throttles to one axis of my connected game controller. Obviously that device ist't of a too good quality (actaully it is home built), so that it sometimes sends out throttle commands on its own and so overwrites the gauge's throttle settings for a moment. The reason for this is an electric poroblem of most analogue devices, I'm aware of - but this not what I try to fix.My question is:Is it possible to disconnect or deactivate the throttle axis, or a certain axis in general, via an XML command?It must be possible (maybe not in xml, but the sim allows this), because this is just what happens when you activate the default autothrottle feature. When activated, the throttle setting of the connected controller are deactivated, so that the autothrottle can do its job. Or when you select the autopilot altitude hold, the elevator trim axis gets deactivated.That code / command is what I'm looking for.Any ideas?Best reagrds,Herbert

Hi,-16384 - +16384 (>K:AXIS_THROTTLE_SET) ?Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Why? This will set the throttles to 32768 (200%), I think.At leat it gives full throttle all the time.But anyway, thanks for thinking about my problem

It would take some experimentation AND it is a workaround but not a direct disconnect.- it would need a register to hold the current throttle axis set by 'your' AT.- the ONLY time this register is updated is when the AT is commanding the throttles. Not just ON, but changing the throttles for speed or N1 for instance.- May need another "tracking" register for this..Depending on whether you are using AXIS THROTTLE SET or THROTTLE INC / DEC in your AT. boolean--- IS AT COMMANDING? reset to zero after updating main register. - So now, whenever the AT is on AND the throttle axis DOES NOT equal the register, force the throttle to the register's axis. This will keep the "forcing" operation from firing all the time.It should work, but even with some actual physical throttle movement there will be a slight change (1 gauge update = 1/18 sec.) until the register forces the throttle axis to where the AT wants it. Negligible. Many payware AC seem to act like this. Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

The best solution would be to capture the throttle axis and reset the current movement using something like:(A:Eng(n) Throttle Lever Position,percent) 0 max 100 min 163.84 * (>K:THROTTLE(n)_SET)where (n) is engine number.This works only for FS9 XML format.For FSX format:

Thanks for that answers. As much as I understood, both solutions won't really disable the throttle axis but "overwrite" the throttle commands set by the connected device.Well, this is how my gauge allready works (even though I used a different solution). So my AP IS working, but sometimes the throttle is "flickering" a bit - even though my gauge "wins" in the end.But this flickerins is a bit annoying, you know ;-)I think I'll need some help from the .gau-gurus to solve the problem. Maybe the axis can be deactivated by those gauges.Thanks anyways!Best,Herbert

>>Well, this is how my gauge allready works (even though I used>a different solution). So my AP IS working, but sometimes the>throttle is "flickering" a bit - even though my gauge "wins">in the end.>>But this flickerins is a bit annoying, you know ;-)>You can solve the flickering stuff with a bit of code in the throttle image's , so to make it perfectly unnoticeable to the user, exactly like the axis is not working at all. In this case, not a real need to go into more complex solutions :-)Tom