Hi all,I'm trying to make a Back course gauge that will be indicate that you are more than ninety degrees from the localizer and no glideslope will be available, and you can still capture the back course beam.I have the "no glide slope available, but the 90 degrees from the localizer I can't figure out. I don't know what to use. Please help.Here is what I have so far:(A:HSI GSI needle valid, bool) 0 == (A:HSI has localizer, bool) &&Thanks,Benny

>Hi all,>>I'm trying to make a Back course gauge that will be indicate>that you are more than ninety degrees from the localizer and>no glideslope will be available, and you can still capture the>back course beam.>I have the "no glide slope available, but the 90 degrees from>the localizer I can't figure out. I don't know what to use.>Please help.>>Here is what I have so far:>>(A:HSI GSI needle valid, bool) 0 == (A:HSI has>localizer, bool) &&Wouldn't it be simpler to just use the token for backcourse?(A:NAV BACK COURSE FLAGS,bool)"Flag if tuned to a back course localizer (bool)"

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill,I've tried that one but it doesn't fit what the gauge is supposed to do according to the manual. The BC light needs to only come on when you are more than 90 degrees from the localizer, the Glideslope is unavailable, and the localizer is still available. Any ideas?

I pulled this from my notes from the FS2002 days.BACK COURSE FLAGS, flags ---> 131= Tuned and available 135= Tuned, Avail, & on back course side. ( 90* + from station, either side ) 7=BC available, tuned, on backcourse side, station not active??3=BC available, tuned, not on backcourse side, station not active?? Just to confirm with gauges H// Back course flags for VOR gauges#define BC_FLAG_BACKCOURSE_AVAILABLE BIT0#define BC_FLAG_LOCALIZER_TUNED_IN BIT1#define BC_FLAG_ON_BACKCOURSE BIT2#define BC_FLAG_STATION_ACTIVE BIT7_________________________________________________________So maybe try:(A:NAV BACK COURSE FLAGS, )(A:NAV1 BACK COURSE FLAGS, )(A:NAV2 BACK COURSE FLAGS, )Using enum, flags or number as the variable type.__________________________________________________________I know that I had tested this, hence it's in my notes. But, I donot remember ALL the facts about it... Anyway hope this may help. Happy testing!Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap