Sign in to follow this  
Guest Douglas K

Adding mouse click zones on exterior model ?

Hi,I was wondering if anyone knows if and how one could add mouse click zones on the exterior model of the aircraft. I was hoping on being able to use this for: opening doors, stowing the RAT etc. that kind of stuff.Thanks,Bj

simcheck_sig_banner_devteam.jpg

Bj

You cannot. You can display a 'gauge' on an exterior model, but not a mouse rectangle... ;(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I am not an expert in 3D modeling, but I think there might be a workaround here:You can define click zones in the virtual cockpit through XML code integrated in the model itself. So you may have the whole aircraft modeled in the VC model (like Kirk Olsson did for his F16), this would allow you to define click zones on the aircraft.Obviously, defining the aircraft in the VC model might impact the frame rate, so it might not be a good solution. I used the Kirk Olsson F16 a lot and did not notice a bad impact on FPS, so... I don't know.If you happen to test this solution, please let me know if it works.Eric

Guest Patrick_Waugh

That would be on the "Interior" not the exterior model. :DWhy do I state the obvious? Well, you see, he wants to click on an exterior door (for example) from say the spot view. You are not in the VC when in spot view. :DPatrick

That's right... In fact, I am more FS9-oriented, so I forgot the difference between the interior and exterior model...Anyway, you're right, you're not in the VC when in spot view. So my solution is still valid if you switch to VC, then move the eyepoint to walk around the aircraft, but it is very painful compared to spot view.I don't know any way of creating zones that are clickable when in spot view.Eric

.........or instead of moving the eyepoint, have it already set up as one of the defined VC views so you can go straight to the view.That said, I can imagine it would be one of those features like the fully modelled interior on an airliner; you look at it once or twice and never see it again.

Cheers

Paul Golding

OK thx for your thoughts, still it would be a great addition if they added click areas on the outside model...Bj

simcheck_sig_banner_devteam.jpg

Bj

If you have the inclination you can produce a series of xml gaugesto populate a popup panel , buttons for different loadouts , oil and gas caps , cargo doors and ground vehicals , pilot figures can be switched on and off.If its yours you already know the A OR L variables being used, if the model is by someone else you can read the gauge calls with Mr dawsonsGauge monitor or open the model file in note pad and read the embedded XML

Guest Douglas K

>>>>If you have the inclination you can produce a series of xml gaugesto populate a popup panel , buttons for different loadouts , oil and gas caps , cargo doors and ground vehicals , pilot figures can be switched on and off.<<<