Sign in to follow this  
Guest Douglas K

XML FireBell Problem and other Problem

Guest the_lord

Hi there,i'm currently working on a DC-8 Panel and I just started Gaugedesign and so i don't have much experience in the coding department anyway so i used some XML tutorials and looked at other XML gauges to get the basics... now i wanted to make a firebell-testswitch which turns on a light when you push it down and plays the sound of a bell...this is the code:(L:FIRE_BELL,bool)(L:FIRE_BELL,bool) ! (>L:FIRE_BELL,bool)now it works that the switch actiavtes the "FIRE" Light on the Flight Engineer panel which is simply a gauge which is only visible when L:FIRE_BELL is satisfied but the switch is a problem cause i can hold it down but after around 3 seconds it starts to go up and down constantly.... also how can i make this gauge play a soundfile called "bell.wav" in my FS9/Sound/DC-8Project/ Folder...also i have a second problem... i managed to implent the generator switches into the FE panel and they work (turn on/off the gen) but i coded two warning lights which should display when the respective generator is not switched on... so here's the code of the generator switch which should give the command for the lights(A:General eng1 generator switch,bool)(>K:TOGGLE_ALTERNATOR1) (L:GEN1,bool) ! (>L:GEN!,bool)and here is the light code which should turn on then (L:GEN1,bool) But it doesn't illuminate ...so yeah... And a general question how can i add that when i flick a switch a short "click" sound in the soundfolder is played?Would be really nice if somebody could help a beginner...if you want some previews of the panel, here you go:http://tonymadgehjg.proboards98.com/index....lay&thread=1307video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MObru4U_i3Mhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VklQOs7a41URegardsJohann

Hi Johann,It looks like you have a type-o >K:TOGGLE_ALTERNATOR1) (L:GEN1,bool) ! (>L:GEN!,bool)(>L:GEN!,bool) should be:(>L:GEN1,bool)1 instead of !Not tested, hope it works.Regards,Benny

Guest the_lord

mmmh na dunno how it got into the post but it's not contained in my gauge code :-/ somehow the code got messed up in the posting... here's the last lines of the click section(>K:TOGGLE_ALTERNATOR1) (L:GEN1,bool) ! (>L:GEN!,bool)

Guest the_lord

ok i got the problem with the generator solved... had another typo in there and now i left out the 1 so that only letters are in the code...just remains my fire bell problem

Guest BFG

For playing sounds I believe you need Doug Dawson's sound gauge (dsd_xml_sound3.zip). Haven't played with it much myself but it should do the trick.Not sure about why your click&hold only lasts 3 seconds...

Guest Douglas K

>>>>just remains my fire bell problem<<< STALL WARNING (CLICK TO TEST LAMP) (M:Event) 'LeftSingle' scmp 0 == if{ 1 (>L:stall_warning,bool) } (M:Event) 'Leave' scmp 0 == if{ 0 (>L:stall_warning,bool) } Works for me for a test lamp on a visual stall light - should do the same for a firebell test.Douglas