Sign in to follow this  
Guest Patrick_Waugh

Sudden FSX Wierdness...

For some very, very strange reason, FSX has suddenly started behaving very wierdly with respect to door commands...On every single aircraft - including the defaults! - the doors will open, then suddenly snap shut! ARGH!!! :-eek I've renamed the fsx.cfg file and let FSX build a new one... no change...I've recreated the default flight from scratch... no change...Anyone with fresh ideas?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Wow, this could be a cool feature! I hope you figure out how to do it, I'm working on a door slamming sound as we speak! ;)Since it affects the defaults as well, the problem is likly in the XML scripting for the door. =)Patrick

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Is is possible your registry entries got messed up?I could email you my modeldef.xml for you to try.Patrick

Neither suggestion would explain why the default FSX aircraft behave the same way.Me, I'm clueless.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

All's well here with FSX plus SP1 plus Acceleration.Do you have a repeating event that might interfere?Do you have a hidden gauge that is shuting the door?Have you tried pulling connections and reconnect, in case spikes or intereference is floating around your system?cheers,nick

>For some very, very strange reason, FSX has suddenly started>behaving very wierdly with respect to door commands...>>On every single aircraft - including the defaults! ->the doors will open, then suddenly snap shut! ARGH!!! :-eek >>I've renamed the fsx.cfg file and let FSX build a new one...>no change...>>I've recreated the default flight from scratch... no>change...>>Anyone with fresh ideas? I have seen this type of action on my system as well, Bill. Unfortunately I don't remember what I did to make it 'go away'. Whatever it was, it didn't invole any 'repair' or 'reinstall'. I'll keep a lookout for this glitch to see if I can determine what fixed or caused it. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Well, as it turns out Richard S. emailed me with the answer...It seems that if you are parked within the bounds of a "refueling area" this will occur. Once you've moved far enough to be outside that area, the doors will work correctly.It seems that the "bounds" of the stock refueling areas is considerably oversized, since where I'm parked in a default SMALL GA space adjacent to the fuel pumps at KLAF (Perdue University, Lafayette, IN) at the moment.

Fr. Bill    

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Someone should put up signs at the refueling points..."Please keep your hands and arms in the aircraft at all times while refueling. THIS MEANS YOU!" :DMakes it a bit difficult to refuel, but then maybe they are full service stations.

The point is that I was parked in a default parking spot when this happened. I haven't opened the default airport in ADE (yet), but I suspect that the default parking is just a hair too close to the refueling area... ;)

Fr. Bill    

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Hence the need for the signs at the limits of the fueling area. :D